Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Refresh me on illegal mods (out of state)

Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough
Default Refresh me on illegal mods (out of state)

Hey, just looking for a quick refresher. I'm from VA but my car is registered in Texas. Can you be ticketed for an illegal modification in VA if it's not illegal where you car is registered?

I'm not up to speed on VA laws anymore but let's say for example HID's are illegal in VA and I have HIDs on my Texas registered vehicle. Could I be ticketed while driving in VA?

Sorry if this is somewhat of a silly question but any correct information is appreciated.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Sup, ladies?

Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar
Default Re: Refresh me on illegal mods (out of state)

Yes and yes.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

yessir you can, your on va roads, you abide by va law
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Yeah, as gay as it is... even if you're from out of state and just happen to be passing through VA to get to another state you can get a ticket for the modified equipment.

Makes lots of sense to check each states laws and abide by them even if you're just passing through.

EDIT: BTW I can understand them enforcing stuff that has to do with safety, but exhaust, tint, and other non-safety shit is just stupid. I mean really, if your from FL and going to NY, are you really going to remove your limo tint because it's illegal in one state?

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 06-02-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough

Hey thanks for the replies fellas. Yeah, basically I'm going to be in Virginia for a month so I just thought I'd ask.

Anyway, thanks again

Edit* Yeah....after thinking about this for a few moments...that shit really IS gay. Hopefully no cop would be enough of an ass to ticket you for that if you were clearly traveling cross country or something.

Last edited by Arm; 06-02-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, yeah they would be that much of an ass. in the hopes that you'll just pay it so you don't have to come back to VA to fight some bullshit ticket.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

It would be unconstitutional or some shit if they only targeted VA drivers and shit. Or something. I don't know where I was going with this.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Really, aslong as you don't drive a Honda you should be fine lol
Old 06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
canibeat.com

kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32

Originally Posted by Arm
Hey thanks for the replies fellas. Yeah, basically I'm going to be in Virginia for a month so I just thought I'd ask.

Anyway, thanks again

Edit* Yeah....after thinking about this for a few moments...that shit really IS gay. Hopefully no cop would be enough of an ass to ticket you for that if you were clearly traveling cross country or something.
stay out of fairfax and you should be fine.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by kevsz32
stay out of fairfax and you should be fine.
Hes got a mustang, he will be fine wherever.

Quick Reply: Refresh me on illegal mods (out of state)