Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Red Bull air race.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT
Default Red Bull air race.

anyone know if its on TV?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Red Bull air race.

It will be on eventually. I've watched a few of the races before (on TV). Those dudes are crazy.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

no b.s i wanna watch it. some of the coolist stuff to watch for sure.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Do they ever crash?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

They clip the markers sometimes..
Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

This isn't car related and I haven't seen it on TV yet.

The last time I watched the Red Bull air race was in Abu Dhabi, UAE on the Corniche. It was a spectacular sight to see. Those are some very talented pilots. I'll never understand how they pull the 'Gs' they do without 'G' suits and without blacking out.

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Do they ever crash?
I've never heard of one crashing, but I'm sure that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As Fabrik8 said, they regularly clip the air filled pylons.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 04-28-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

It's preety sick stuff. Definately takes a set of balls to do it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 AM
War kittens?

odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by XCELR8
This isn't car related and I haven't seen it on TV yet.

The last time I watched the Red Bull air race was in Abu Dhabi, UAE on the Corniche. It was a spectacular sight to see. Those are some very talented pilots. I'll never understand how they pull the 'Gs' they do without 'G' suits and without blacking out.

I've never heard of one crashing, but I'm sure that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As Fabrik8 said, the regularly clip the air filled pylons regularly.
That's pretty sick. You actually saw it in person? Do they charge entry like other sports or can you just show up to watch?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by odu_integra
That's pretty sick. You actually saw it in person? Do they charge entry like other sports or can you just show up to watch?
Yup, I actually saw it in person. It was a great experience to witness too. For some reason, I was unable to take pictures and I'm still pissed off to this day about that. There wasn't a charge because you could witness the event from nearly anywhere. It takes up a lot of room to have a air race, so it's not like you can really control how and where it's viewed from. This is the Corniche where it took place on, unfortunately, it's not the EXACT time the air race was going on.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 04-28-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

anyone have any clips of it?

Quick Reply: Red Bull air race.