Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Reconstructed title?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Violence Violence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY
Default Reconstructed title?

trying to buy a car with reconstructed title in MD. is there any stuff i have to do through DMV to get the title transfered to Virginia?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: Reconstructed title?

Did you call to see if it can even be insured. Alot of insurance companies wont insure a car with titles like that.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

as long as its already certified as a reconstructed title in the state off issuance I dont believe so. Get the title notarized by the state of the seller. DMV may want to do its own inspection but if it has already gone through the inspection process in Maryland than itll probably be fine. I would see if you can get your hands on that paperwork though, just to be safe.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Violence Violence

CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY CEREMONY

Checked insurance and they wont cover me -__-
Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

BUY A NICER CAR
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

check another insurance company. I know plenty of people that have rebuilt titles that have insurance and live in va.

or by a car with a clean title, this will be easier ha...but if your dead set on that car im sure you can find someone to cover you.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

You can just pay a un insured fee to the dmv. But it ends up being really expensive. You could call around to other insurance companies like more impatient said. They just dont like to insure cars with reconstructed and salvaged titles because they are suposevely at a higher risk for malfunctions. My step mom works at a body shops that buys totalled cars and rebuilds them. They have to go through a very long process with the dmv before they can sell them. It almost like building a house they come out and check the work you have done and have to come approve it a couple times.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered member

conway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud of

i recently bought a car with a rebuilt title from maryland. i had to ship the title to richmond so it could go through there system and they sent me back a virginia title and i have geico insurance. i dont know if that helped but thats what i did. also have a bill of sale just in case.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

I checked on this recently I was looking at a car with a rebuilt title I couldn't find an insurance company to do full coverage. Just thought I would throw that out there if it was important to you. Also most banks/credit unions will not loan money for a rebuilt car either just incase you were having to go that route.