Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

reckless ticket question, yes it sucks

Old 11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Cinnabunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
methods has disabled reputation
Default reckless ticket question, yes it sucks

Hey guys, just had a quick question following my story here.

I was driving a ZIPCAR from richmond back to dc, and it was friday night, not many cars on 95-N, in the far left lane, doind about 80 with everyone else. Someone behind me was coming up real fast, so i decided to give it some gas and move out the lane, as i did this i got up to around 85, and right at that moment, passed a state trooper in the median.

I saw him pull out, and ofcourse he was coming for me. He pulled me over, (the ZIPCAR that i had was a 5 door Nissan Versa, nothing special, had zipcar written all over it). Came up to the window, gave him the license, didnt say much to me and my girlfriend, then as he walked away said "im pullin you cause you were doin 20 over the speed limit of 65" came back few minutes later with reckless by speed ticket 85/65, caroline county court.

Anyone know what i can expect? whats the deal with these remedial fees? have a pretty clean record, nothing serious, 21 years old... really dont feel bad about the speed i was going, i was one of the slower cars on the highway that night.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
JDM IS THE NEW RICER

zc_god has disabled reputation
Default Re: reckless ticket question, yes it sucks

i just went to court for a reckless. one of two things will probably happen. with a clean record, u might just have to take driving school and that will keep it off ur record. or if u get a asshole judge, he might lower the charge or he'll pin u with the charge and the remedial fees i got were 1050 bucks. sometimes theyre lower, sometimes higher. it all depends on the judge and the circumstances.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Dude, that is the strech of 95 where they dont fucking play. I dont know why people dont understand the 79 mph rule on 95. I travel to and from dc two times a week at times, and I put my cruise on 79 and pass troopers all day, not once have I or anyone I told this to, got pulled over. They set their radars at 80 for dumbasses like you. Let me guess you got pulled somewhere between the ladysmith and doswell exits right?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Cinnabunz

your post was no help buddy.....next time try a little harder....
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by methods
your post was no help buddy.....next time try a little harder....
Lol, was actually just trying to help you out. That strech of 95 is known to be one of the toughest parts of 95 around VA. The cops will sit on shoulders opposite to the medians, like a 1/4-1/2 mile past the median, they are very very sneaky to get people. And it was going over that 80mph that got you fucked.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Cinnabunz

should i get a lawyer or something? or can i just go to court and hope they might drop it from a reckless to something a little less full of shit? those remedial fees can lick my nuts, and i'll let the judge know how i feel if they decide to give me any of those....are we retarded to pay those fees or something?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by methods
should i get a lawyer or something? or can i just go to court and hope they might drop it from a reckless to something a little less full of shit? those remedial fees can lick my nuts, and i'll let the judge know how i feel if they decide to give me any of those....are we retarded to pay those fees or something?
Get a lawyer in that area, who works in that county. Its much easier for them to get stuff lowered, because they probably know the attorneys of the court.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

got crix is an unknown quantity at this point

gl
Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Yep

Lawyer = good idea

and never top 80 on 95, or anywhere for that matter.

fuck getting a reckless

good luck.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Originally Posted by 240trainee
Yep

Lawyer = good idea

and never top 80 on 95, or anywhere for that matter.

fuck getting a reckless

good luck.

Eh, you can do it, just don't do it in Virginia where they have stupid laws like 20mph over being a Reckless.

So glad to be back in MD, lol.

Quick Reply: reckless ticket question, yes it sucks