Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

Tonight I was driving down route 1 in stafford and was pulled over by a state police cruiser and told my stock exhaust was illegal. Normally I don't bitch about equipment tickets. Considering I'm legitly innocent in this case though, I'm forced to. I informed the officer that it was a stock exhaust and he pretty much acted like he wasn't listening/didn't care, i am pretty sure both were the case. He also called for backup or something for whatever reason, because within a minute 2 other state police cruisers and a sherrif's department cruiser showed up to participate.. I thought I was being searched but I guess my scrawny ass was just so suspicous he needed backup. He also gave me a ticket for my cracked winsheild which allthough is a pretty much deuchebag move I won't bitch because it is defective equipment and not legal. Though I didn't like it when he called me a liar after I told him the crack was 2 days fresh and I hadn't had time to fix it yet. (this is the truth, crack appeared monday morning). I won't complain about the windshield ticket since it's legit. But does anyone have any advice as to what to do about the exhaust ticket? I can't just take it for multiple reasons. For one, it admits guilt and pretty much allows unlimited tickets from that point on, and also it's the principle of the deal

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 04-25-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

try to use search for omfgbbqigotaticketwtf and you will find like 1.4 million people in this same or similar situation on this forum alone
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

STI NOOT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

g\what kinda car go 2 a dealer snap some pics dif colors and then take pics of urs go 2 court make him feel like an ass and get it droped i have tthe same problem
Old 04-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Sav
seriously...

Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav

is your exhuast loud though? if its stock shouldnt it be quiet? or not overly huge...im sure theres a reason why he gave you that ticket.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:53 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CrazyCaucAzian8
is your exhuast loud though? if its stock shouldnt it be quiet? or not overly huge...im sure theres a reason why he gave you that ticket.
He gave me the ticket because he's a deuchebag. The car I got the ticket in was not the one in my sig FYI, it was in 91 talon that does have a factory exhaust on it. It's no louder than my dad's NA 300zx or a stock Evo. DSMs are somewhat loud for a 4 cyl from the factory, but not that bad.

I'd also like to add that the moron looked at my record and saw an exhaust ticket i got in a completely different vehicle a year ago and insisted that it was for the vehicle I was driving and that I was lying when I told him the exhaust was stock and I'd never been ticketed for it before.

There is nothing flashy about the car, it honestly looks like a pile of shit. I was cruising down the road at the speed limit minding my own business. I'd also like to add that trooper fuckass drove around a truck doing an illegal U-turn to get behind me.

I think it's a sure sign of impending apocalypse when law abiding citizens can't even drive around town legally without being harassed. If I can't get this ticket dropped there's no hope for mankind. Unfortunately, I think things are already at that point. As rediculous as the situation is, I don't think there's anyone I could tell this story to that would give two shits except the people who are stuck in the same situation and can't do anything to prevent it from happening again. All the people that have the power to do something are never going to listen.

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 04-26-2007 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

take your OEM stock number and pics to court so you dont have to pay that shit.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ Exactly... snap pics of the equipment and the part number if possible.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:26 AM
WRX 0-60: NOW!!

MegaH_MaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past

a guy on NASIOC just posted about the same problem.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1248935
what is this state coming too...?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Get found not guilty, then file a complaint against the officer. One probably won't do anything, but it will be some paper work to fall on if other people start complaining.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Get found not guilty
This is the part I'm worried about. We all know in the state of virginia anyone without grey hair or driving an import is guilty until proven beyond all doubt innocent.

Quick Reply: Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?