Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Real vs. Fake

Old 12-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default Re: Real vs. Fake

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
little things i can just tell. the lips on the konigs are not even close to real looking, and you can't see a separation between the lip and face. its hard to tell, but i've been looking at RS' for AGES and i can just tell.

it does make me mad, but the thing is, you don't have the same thing as me you have a cheaper quality, not as detailed replica of what i had, the thing that makes me mad is when people try and pass them off as real, if you want to rock fake or replica wheels thats fine, but don't but BBS caps, or Work caps on wheels that aren't works or BBS. if i switch to another set of wheels, it will most likely be a set of wheels that is of equal or greater value then the wheels i have on the car now, curbed or bent is just not paying attention to where you're driving, i know when you buy fake wheels they bend easy, but i have yet to bend an RS' and i've driven through downtown baltimore, downtown DC, Richmond, and norfolk.

Miguel, when you buy real wheels they usually come with a lifetime warranty, if something happens to them they will replace them, BBS, Schmidt, OZ alot of big name companies want to keep their customers happy, and not make shit wheels in bulk to sell them cheaper. it does bother me, and it always will bother me, because its a status thing dude, i have spent alot of my time, and alot of my money and brain power to get certain things to work or make wheels fit that aren't supposed to just to have a stupid company make a replica wheel so everyone can have it, WRONG everyone can't have Race 2000's, and they make a replica of them too. thats why i get mad. now they are making replica RS' with big lips, so what makes me mad is now everyone is going to buy them because they are 800 dollars, and my wheels won't be special anymore. *insert BBS RS' aren't special comments here* if you don't think big lipped RS' aren't special, you are nieve.

People that have the real thing care.

Disclaimer: this is not an attack! just a healthy debate.
Disclaimer2: i have really bad ADD so i can't stay on one topic and my debates sometimes are all over the place
Honestly, I rock steelies and hubcaps. I am too poor to buy even knockoffs. LOL.

But I understand what your saying about the caps and trying to pass them off as real. That would irritate me as well. But I am sure that most people when asked would admit to them being knock-offs. And if they didn't then they are a douche and not really worth getting all heated about.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:25 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
so B, ESM's make you foam?! LOL
you have no idea dude. you really don't
Old 12-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Saying that you only need to save up a "little more" to buy the real deals isn't always the case. Sometimes the "real deal" is quite a bit more than the knock-offs. With that said, I don't really care if someone buys knock-offs because it's not my money or my car, but don't try to pass them off as the real thing.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
my wheels won't be special anymore.
the whole reason behind this thread
Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

And those two pictures are far from fair. You're comparing a narrow, shitty Konig to an RS that's been built with a huge lip bolted to it. It's painfully obvious which one is the real BBS.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Ima buy ESM's to piss you off B off, and get center caps that say 'I <3 B'
Old 12-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

I personally will never pay full price for "real" wheels. If something were to happen to them I would be livid. MAYBE MAYBE if the vehicle was garaged alot then.....MAYBE i would spend that kinda money but in my financial estate that will never happen. So in turn i will rock replica's on my DD and rep them proud kuz i dont give a fuck what anyone else says.

But im not the one going to knock anyone for rocking REAL vs FAKE wheels, im in no position to judge, neither should anyone else and it shouldnt bother you that much, seriously.
Word, I really like the real wheels but my wallet says otherwise with other projects going on. I was fortunate enough to buy a set of rays/volks a couple months ago for a special project that Im going to keep for a while. AND I will say, Im in love with them, Im not going to get rid of them even if I get rid of the car. I appreciate the build and design but damn the money involved. I guess Im riding the fence here sorry,

+1 for the real deal, but Im not bashing someone with rotas
Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3D10%26ps%3D63

OP real mad.

oh look step lip.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 AM
i like kittahs

UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag

This is a good debate. I just recently found this out. ASR makes the rear sub frame brace right? Well a company called "OBX" makes the same exact one. In fact they come from the same distributor. The only difference between the two is one says ASR and one says OBX. The OBX one comes with the same sway bar end links etc as the ASR and is like $149 cheaper. So.. That being said, you will get grief for running the obx?

I personally feel though for wheels it might be a good idea just to get good wheels period for safety sake. I have seen images online of rota's cracking in half lol
Old 12-08-2009, 04:35 AM
i like kittahs

UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag

buying now. lol foam hard son