Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Real vs. Fake

Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 AM
This.isEntertainment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn
Default Real vs. Fake

this is one that really pisses me off.

i feel we can have a healthy discussion about this.

most know how i feel, i can't stand when people run fake / replica / copy things and they try and pass them off as real, also IMO if you don't have the money to run a real piece you shoulden't buy the replica, and save a little more to buy the real thing.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:50 AM
wait, what?

coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface
Default Re: Real vs. Fake

Always was curious about what to look for in order to distinguish between the two... I'll be checking this for notes.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Lol. Some people, think other people, that pay people 4k for a set of wheels that will most like get curbed, bent , or switched out for another set, are dumb. But to each there own.

I think people like you are just mad because people like me got almost the same thing for 1/4 the cost.

That's a lot of peoples
Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

I personally will never pay full price for "real" wheels. If something were to happen to them I would be livid. MAYBE MAYBE if the vehicle was garaged alot then.....MAYBE i would spend that kinda money but in my financial estate that will never happen. So in turn i will rock replica's on my DD and rep them proud kuz i dont give a fuck what anyone else says.

But im not the one going to knock anyone for rocking REAL vs FAKE wheels, im in no position to judge, neither should anyone else and it shouldnt bother you that much, seriously.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Punch the dot

Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!

If it looks good?
Who cares?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by bmdubbin
Always was curious about what to look for in order to distinguish between the two... I'll be checking this for notes.
little things i can just tell. the lips on the konigs are not even close to real looking, and you can't see a separation between the lip and face. its hard to tell, but i've been looking at RS' for AGES and i can just tell.

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
Lol. Some people, think other people, that pay people 4k for a set of wheels that will most like get curbed, bent , or switched out for another set, are dumb. But to each there own.

I think people like you are just mad because people like me got almost the same thing for 1/4 the cost.

That's a lot of peoples
it does make me mad, but the thing is, you don't have the same thing as me you have a cheaper quality, not as detailed replica of what i had, the thing that makes me mad is when people try and pass them off as real, if you want to rock fake or replica wheels thats fine, but don't but BBS caps, or Work caps on wheels that aren't works or BBS. if i switch to another set of wheels, it will most likely be a set of wheels that is of equal or greater value then the wheels i have on the car now, curbed or bent is just not paying attention to where you're driving, i know when you buy fake wheels they bend easy, but i have yet to bend an RS' and i've driven through downtown baltimore, downtown DC, Richmond, and norfolk.

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
I personally will never pay full price for "real" wheels. If something were to happen to them I would be livid. MAYBE MAYBE if the vehicle was garaged alot then.....MAYBE i would spend that kinda money but in my financial estate that will never happen. So in turn i will rock replica's on my DD and rep them proud kuz i dont give a fuck what anyone else says.

But im not the one going to knock anyone for rocking REAL vs FAKE wheels, im in no position to judge, neither should anyone else and it shouldnt bother you that much, seriously.
Miguel, when you buy real wheels they usually come with a lifetime warranty, if something happens to them they will replace them, BBS, Schmidt, OZ alot of big name companies want to keep their customers happy, and not make shit wheels in bulk to sell them cheaper. it does bother me, and it always will bother me, because its a status thing dude, i have spent alot of my time, and alot of my money and brain power to get certain things to work or make wheels fit that aren't supposed to just to have a stupid company make a replica wheel so everyone can have it, WRONG everyone can't have Race 2000's, and they make a replica of them too. thats why i get mad. now they are making replica RS' with big lips, so what makes me mad is now everyone is going to buy them because they are 800 dollars, and my wheels won't be special anymore. *insert BBS RS' aren't special comments here* if you don't think big lipped RS' aren't special, you are nieve.

Originally Posted by (Q'.')-o
If it looks good?
Who cares?
People that have the real thing care.

Disclaimer: this is not an attack! just a healthy debate.
Disclaimer2: i have really bad ADD so i can't stay on one topic and my debates sometimes are all over the place
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!

this is one that really pisses me off.

i feel we can have a healthy discussion about this.

most know how i feel, i can't stand when people run fake / replica / copy things and they try and pass them off as real, also IMO if you don't have the money to run a real piece you shoulden't buy the replica, and save a little more to buy the real thing.
Although I understand and respect you opinion, I DO understand why some people purchase replicas and such - some of us just simply don't have the money to pay for the "real deal." Some replicas/knock off's should most definately not be used, as their quality is disputable, but still....I'm still, unfortunately, a budget builder. Nowadays I find bills more outstanding than ever, but I still want a decent looking wheel on my car, therefore making a Rota or other knock off wheel much more appealing. Believe me, after I've rounded out my build a bit, I will be saving up for a more "respectable" wheel.

Either way, both sides are easy to identify with.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Daft Punk

I don't have a problem with running "real" wheels, but I agree with your reasoning. I think it comes down to budget. If you make deep 6 figures, you won't mind curbing a "real" wheel any more than someone who makes $30k might care about curbing a "fake" wheel.

The other argument is excusivity. For some people, wheels are their hobby. They may look high and low for some sort of rare authentic wheel and then spend lots of money and time refinishing it. For those people, it sucks to see people buy knock off crap and try to pass it off as the same thing.

Imagine that you're the owner of a real Shelby Cobra 427, and you run across a guy at a car show trying to pass off a kit car as authentic. It's not that you're angry about the kit exsisting, but you just wish the owner of the kit would accept the fact that it's a kit. Same with the wheels. Go ahead and rock BBS knockoffs, but don't put BBS center caps on them. Don't put Volk stickers on Rotas. It just makes you look like a douchebag.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

so B, ESM's make you foam?! LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 04:24 AM
This.isEntertainment

Originally Posted by Flite
smrt
Thanks flite for explaining what i'm trying to say alot better than i can. damn ADD