Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Real Street Eliminator type event

Old 02-02-2003, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sickspeedz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real Street Eliminator type event

A few of us have been talking about trying to organize a "Real" real street type of event. We are thinking of a event that will incorperate drag racing, road racing, and auto cross. It will be for REAL street cars only. There will be a 1 tire rule wich means you can run any tire you like, but you must run it all weekend in all 3 events and on a extended road trip, no trailers will be allowed, the ride between the tracks will be part of the event, if your car breaks down and you are unable to repair it in 1 hour you will be disqualified. There will be 3 classes, Late Model(cars under 20 years old), Vintage(cars over 20 years old), and "Super Cars" for Vipers,C-5 Vettes,Porshes,ect. Prizes will be awarded in all 3 classes as well as a prize for the overall winner. 100 points will be awarded to the winner of each event and points will be awarded as a persentage of the winners score( If the winner at the drag strip runs a 10.00 second et and you run a 15.00 et the winner will get 100 points and you will get 75 points). There will be 5 bounus points for best reaction time at the drag strip and 5 for top speed at the road course. The event will start somewhere here in tidewater on a friday afternoon, all contestants will register and drive to dinwidde and drag raceat VMP, we will spend the night in Petersburg, and drive to Danville early the next morning and road race at VIR. We will spend the night in Danville and drive back to tidewater early Sunday morning and auto cross at a yet undecided location. Awards will be handed out at a dinner sunday night. There will be NO racing on public roadways, think of it a a LONG cruise separated by 3 days of racing. So what do ya think???? Any one interested??? We will try to keep the costs as low as posible by trying to get some corperate support . Teams are welcome. Imports are welcome. Domestics are welcome. PLEASE feel to add your opinions and all coments are welcome. I will try to get a bit more info asap, and ANY help is GREATLY apreciated THANKS, Rick
Old 02-02-2003, 06:04 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

The idea is good, won't happen though unless it has some kind of sponsor backing.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:16 PM
ECR
Bow Down

ECR is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Heat
The idea is good, won't happen though unless it has some kind of sponsor backing.
was thinking the same thing as I was reading it
Old 02-02-2003, 06:45 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

it's hard enough just to get an autox only set up, as i'm trying to do.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Hustler

OuTLaW STaR is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good.............if it get off the ground.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:23 PM

We are trying to get a feal for how many people would be interested, and we are working on the sponcership thing now. The big sticking point is going to be VIR, if any of yall can offer any help it would be GREATLY apreciated. Worst case is we use a Test and Tune night at Dinwidde, a open track day at VIR and catch a autocross somewhere around here, and we may have to start small like that. I ll try to find out a bit more info asap and if any of you guys who auto x or roadrace have any sugestions, PLEASE feel free to post them. We are also going to try to get at least some magizine coverage, and will probably end up with a car show after the auto x event is over. THANKS, Rick
Old 02-03-2003, 03:37 PM

I have a bit more Info as far as a time frame, May 8th is a open track day at VIR and may 9th is a Trophy/import shootout at VMP. And August 8th is a open day at VIR and August 9th is a Test and Tune and ET day at VMP, I will try to contact Langley and see if they are interested in doing a 1 on 1 race or a modified auto x on friday night on these weeks. Thanks, Rick
Old 02-03-2003, 03:38 PM

Gonna make for a LONG night friday night though
Old 02-03-2003, 04:01 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

i would love this shit
Old 02-03-2003, 04:24 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

whenever i see events for VIR its like 300 dollars , i dont know about you guys, but thats a bit too much for me.....but this sounds like a pretty grueling type of event like an iron man contest for cars, kinda cool.........

Quick Reply: Real Street Eliminator type event