Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Read This!! new meeting place?

Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUICKVIII has disabled reputation
Default Read This!! new meeting place?

Hey, I have a stupid idea here and I need everyones input. I have the ability to start a new (mega meet) type of venue. I have discussed the attendance possibilities with the local owner of the drag strip and he is very interested in hosting something like this. Now it would be once a month on a Saturday from let say 6:00 or 7:00 till 11:00 pm. We would have to be gone by 11:00 because of local ordinances that the drag strip must operate under. He would charge something like $5.00 to $6.00 per person. Now what we get in return is a place to meet without hassles from the police. There is on site food and refreshments available. Also we can drag race there too! Now we can work with the vendors etc. But I need to see what the publics view and ideas are to decide which way to go. So hit me back and give me some ideas and lets see if we can't pull something back together again!! The event would be held in Colonial Beach Va. We think it would be central to NOVA, Richmond, Va Beach and So Md.

Thanks for your ideas, David Brauning Brauning Motorsports.. www.BrauningMotorsports.com
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Re: Read This!! new meeting place?

Sounds good, I'd be down to roll to Colonial Beach from NoVA. I had a good time at the Brauning dyno day that I went to.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

QuickV6 has disabled reputation

Sounds pretty good to me.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
plude

98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude 98shlude

HELL YA but are you serious like you have actually contacted them
keep me posted
Old 03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

im down for it. get more details and something in wiriting. sounds like a good idea
Old 03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

lookatmy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

1/8 mile? Are bikes welcome? I'd be interested either way, but waaaay more interested if it was 1320'. And will timeslips be available? I understand this isn't a track event, just curious.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

so we're going to meet at the drag strip.. and pay $5 or more to get in, and people can race...

so how is this different from any other night at any track?

also, colonial beach is not a central location nor can it house the volume of cars that attended the megameet.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

It is 1/8th mile. and the question of time slips is something I will discuss with the track owner. Yes bikes are welcome. So are trucks, domstics, go carts 4 wheelers etc. But if you guys don't want any of that say so. This is a thread to see if it is worth the effort to pull this off for everyone. And as for centrally located. someone please tell me why it isn't. Look at a map and see for yourself. It is farther for the NOVA guys, the same for the Fredericksburg guys, closer for Richmond and closer for Va Beach. Also I would think closer for anyone south of the beltway in Maryland. Right? And the difference is organizing an event to bring everyone together at one place. It isn't all about drag racing. And as for the space, well it is the best I can do, if it isn't large enough, than show up early to make sure you get a space, or don't come. But this is why I'm asking for your input. like I said you decide what we should do and I will try to put it together for all of us. If you don't want it than say so and I will drop it. My thing is I don't know of anyplace I can go and meet new people, see new cars without a hassle from the cops. If anyone can give me a few places, than I will drop this thing and go there.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 AM
Banned

sive ick is an unknown quantity at this point

closer to va beach
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Damn, I thought I would have gotten more of a response than this. Maybe it isn't worth pulling it off? Anyone have anymore comments?

Quick Reply: Read This!! new meeting place?