VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   RB26DETT engine swap (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/rb26dett-engine-swap-67537/)

Cosmo 09-22-2004 06:56 AM

Re: RB26DETT engine swap

Why not just put a SR20DET in it? I know many people have done it already, but with so many of them around, you would be almost guaranteed that you can find someone to help you with any problem you run into. Plus, the prices on them keep coming down.

dragging240s 09-22-2004 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by EEK
it will fit with a single turbo conversion..but i rather go with a fully built KA

:stupid: :thup:

dragging240s 09-22-2004 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Why not just put a SR20DET in it? I know many people have done it already, but with so many of them around, you would be almost guaranteed that you can find someone to help you with any problem you run into. Plus, the prices on them keep coming down.

I was waiting for the token 'Why not just put a SR20DET in it?' post. Thanks. :D

eng 09-22-2004 06:59 AM

Don't listen to all these haters.

I say do it.

And when you're stuck with not being able to get it working I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D

Junon 09-22-2004 07:04 AM

its possible. you will need custom motor mounts, someone really good with wiring, custom driveshaft just to name a bit. possibly trim the hood slightly, firewall as well i believe. but as stated before im pretty sure you should look into a single turbo as well.. twin can be done but it is an EXTREMLY tight squeeze. honestly, i wouldnt recommend a rb26... you would have massive traction problems. also as stated before any rb25 tranny will work to keep the RWD. meh, im going to be doing a new project soon... something similar along the lines of a skyline motor... but its not. still TT and I6 though ;) providing i can find a fastback shell i can get a start on it sooner. not to mention sourcing the motor.

240SXCr4zY 09-22-2004 07:22 AM

wow, were you trying to discourage me?? :P as far as fitting goes ford put a god damn 5.4l supercharged lightning motor in a ranger... so it may be a bitch but why the hell not? rather then sticking rwd, since im gonna be cussing my car for a while anyways, how realistic is a AWD conversion?? and i can get the motor right now, avail isnt an issue at this time. awd, skyline powered 240.. drools.. once again let me know if this is even feasable.
-rob from cali

eng 09-22-2004 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by 240SXCr4zY
how realistic is a AWD conversion?? and i can get the motor right now, avail isnt an issue at this time. awd, skyline powered 240.. drools.. once again let me know if this is even feasable.

How much money do you have again?

Basically ANYTHING is possible given enough money thrown at it.

Keepin it Klean 09-22-2004 07:32 AM

wow, were you trying to discourage me?? :P as far as fitting goes ford put a god damn 5.4l supercharged lightning motor in a ranger... so it may be a bitch but why the hell not? rather then sticking rwd, since im gonna be cussing my car for a while anyways, how realistic is a AWD conversion?? and i can get the motor right now, avail isnt an issue at this time. awd, skyline powered 240.. drools.. once again let me know if this is even feasable.
-rob from cali

do it.

NEO_WRX 09-22-2004 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmo

because people are tired of doing the same old thing. For instance, if you own a subaru you get UTEC, Exhaust, FMIC and a VF34. Sure it makes power...but enjoy driving your clone.

now, as far as the swap is concerned i don't know anything about Nissan's but i saw go for it. It may be a pain in the ass, but that will make the end result more desireable. It may not put down the best numbers, but it's not always about just strait line speed or being a dyno queen, i'd rather have something new and decently fast than a 10 second car thats been done over and over again.

Junon 09-22-2004 08:28 AM

-rob from cali

yep, people do AWD conversions on the 240 wit the rb26, its just common to drop the 25 trannies cause people enjoy the RWD for drifting. but then again why that much power for drifting =P if you have any ideas on drifting i would suggest the 25tranny, but if your just out to punish people do an AWD conversion, itd be nice to see something different.