Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

To rattle can or not to rattle can?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aa4baseball has disabled reputation
Question To rattle can or not to rattle can?

Im 17 years old and drive a 92 Integra DA9, I am about to install a turbo kit. I will be taking some panels off when installing and while I was at it I was wondering if I should go ahead and try to achieve a flat black paint job with rattle cans. the clear coat on my hood, spoiler, and roof is gone and paint is oxidized. I only work part time and fully parting together a turbo kit on that income is hard enough. I am good with prep work and have a pretty steady hand. I have restored a 79 camaro and did the paint and bondo myself. Should I go ahead and try getting the flat black color I am looking for? If so what type of spray paint is the best? I am assuming I should use dupli-color sandable primer. That way I dont have to worry about it being blotchy. I was going to upload current pictures of the integra and camaro but I couldnt get them to upload. Please let me know what you think.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: To rattle can or not to rattle can?

Originally Posted by aa4baseball
Im 17 years old and drive a 92 Integra DA9, I am about to install a turbo kit. I will be taking some panels off when installing and while I was at it I was wondering if I should go ahead and try to achieve a flat black paint job with rattle cans. the clear coat on my hood, spoiler, and roof is gone and paint is oxidized. I only work part time and fully parting together a turbo kit on that income is hard enough. I am good with prep work and have a pretty steady hand. I have restored a 79 camaro and did the paint and bondo myself. Should I go ahead and try getting the flat black color I am looking for? If so what type of spray paint is the best? I am assuming I should use dupli-color sandable primer. That way I dont have to worry about it being blotchy. I was going to upload current pictures of the integra and camaro but I couldnt get them to upload. Please let me know what you think.
Blast it with piss, it will give it a real mellow finish.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Dumbest thing you could of spent money on was the turbo kit. Sell that dumb shit, paint the car something other than flat jank and enjoy it. Your in highschool, you dont need to turbo anything. Focus on school and bitches.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Normally, I'd have a list of asshole like comments for you. However, I'm in a rather decent mood at the moment so I'm gonna offer my helpful input.

DO NOT PAINT THE GODDAMN CAR WITH A SPRAY CAN.

Just put your turbo kit on, and save your money until you can actually afford a paintjob.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
Blast it with piss, it will give it a real mellow finish.
Or this....I like this idea as well. We will all gladly assist you.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
Normally, I'd have a list of asshole like comments for you. However, I'm in a rather decent mood at the moment so I'm gonna offer my helpful input.

DO NOT PAINT THE GODDAMN CAR WITH A SPRAY CAN.

Just put your turbo kit on, and save your money until you can actually afford a paintjob.
I'm kinda with him. Spray paint can look decent at first but it chips easily and isn't worth it.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Fence Hopper

Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214

You have a higher chance of getting laid with this....

than you do with this....

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Focus on school and bitches.
What he said ^
Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

+rep^^
Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

I know 80% of this site gets high on meth and thinks "rattle can paint jobs look tyte y0, on their choo choo chu walrus (240sx that faggot choo name is lame) and Honda's"

If you have painted and restored a car before, then painting it shouldn't be an issue. (with real automotive paint, sprayed out a GUN NOT A CAN). Primer and rattle can paint jobs look like shit PERIOD, id get the 199 MAACO special.

Save your money and do it right, and have no excuses "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, but my car makes ???hp its a track car/race FUCK A PAINT JOB YO"
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Slappin Curtis

Originally Posted by DOOM
I know 80% of this site gets high on meth and thinks "rattle can paint jobs look tyte y0, on their choo choo chu walrus (240sx that faggot choo name is lame) and Honda's"

If you have painted and restored a car before, then painting it shouldn't be an issue. (with real automotive paint, sprayed out a GUN NOT A CAN). Primer and rattle can paint jobs look like shit PERIOD, id get the 199 MAACO special.

Save your money and do it right, and have no excuses "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, but my car makes ???hp its a track car/race FUCK A PAINT JOB YO"
Not completely sure that you're not on Meth after this post....but I like it.

+rep.

Edit: Must spread rep first.

Quick Reply: To rattle can or not to rattle can?