Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Race car build?

Old 04-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Race car build?

So say you wanted to build a track car from a 2013 model car. Do manufactures allow you to just buy the rolling chassy? This a question I have been pondering about in my head for a long time. My guess would be that the make you buy the car like it is then you can have the option to strip it down for a refund. Any dealership guys in here that can answere this.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:31 AM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux
Default Re: Race car build?

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
So say you wanted to build a track car from a 2013 model car. Do manufactures allow you to just buy the rolling chassy? This a question I have been pondering about in my head for a long time. My guess would be that the make you buy the car like it is then you can have the option to strip it down for a refund. Any dealership guys in here that can answere this.
I know ford was releasing the old body fords .... you just had to add everything to make it move
Old 04-06-2012, 05:33 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
I know that Ford will let you buy a Mustang BIW, is that the kind of thing you're talking about?
Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 AM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Gtfo raceeee lol
Old 04-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Some manufacturers let you buy a body-in-white vehicle with a production number (not a VIN, because it's not a complete vehicle) that isn't able to registered on the street. Ford's already been mentioned, and HPD just released a Civic shell also. Traditionally some of the manufacturers will sell a really stripped down version of the production vehicles too, which is how Prodrive got all of their Imprezas to build into rally cars for years. There was a parking lot behind Prodrive that had dozens of white economy-spec Imprezas ready to be stripped down to the shell (and most of the factory parts thrown in the dumpster) and seam welded.