Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

QUICK READ AND POST

Old 11-17-2006, 05:28 AM
da dragva kokopelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz
Default QUICK READ AND POST

ticket question-

if a cop pulled you over and took your liscense with him to his patrol car, and wrote your tickets, then when you get the tickets and your name is wrong, are they still legit? need it quick.... court in a hour
Old 11-17-2006, 05:43 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: QUICK READ AND POST

like mispelled or wrong altogether?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:45 AM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

misspelled my last name making it another very common last name
Old 11-17-2006, 05:46 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Dude - they have to be exact on everything. How the hell can he seriously misspell your name that bad, i mean, can he not read? I would argue it in court if you dont have a lawyer...and do it before they even say anything. Just say, "Your honor i would like to motion to have this infraction dismissed on contengency that this is not my name, and therefore this is not me." or some bs like that.

Last edited by Yamamaha; 11-17-2006 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:50 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
Dude - they have to be exact on everything. How the hell can he seriously misspell your name that bad, i mean, can he not read? I would argue it in court if you dont have a lawyer...and do it before they even say anything. Just say, "Your honor i would like to motion to have this infraction dismissed on contengency that this is not my name, and therefore this is not me." or some bs like that.
Doing that will only piss the judge and officer off. I wouldn't bring it up unless you have a lawyer tell you it's a legit standpoint.
da dragva kokopelli

but then if that pisses him im fucked over. the whole shit was a misunderstanding neways so theres a chance i may get off, i just dont want to fuck that up either, unless im 100 percent sure ill get off if i mention that
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
Dude - they have to be exact on everything. How the hell can he seriously misspell your name that bad, i mean, can he not read? I would argue it in court if you dont have a lawyer...and do it before they even say anything. Just say, "Your honor i would like to motion to have this infraction dismissed on contengency that this is not my name, and therefore is not me." or some bs like that.
Ummmmm, no.

Most likely you'll get the ticket regardless, unless the judge is in a forgiving mood.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Spindrift187
Ummmmm, no.

Most likely you'll get the ticket regardless, unless the judge is in a forgiving mood.
Hey, i figure if lawyers can argue the smallest things, why not you try to as well. Its worth a shot. I mean, shit...if the cop has a light out, and pulls you over TECHNICALLY hes not legally allowed to be driving on the road because that wouldnt pass inspection, so therefore, you could get it dropped, but how the hell are you going to prove he had the light out? Its possible, but thats why you have lawyers do it.

But dude is pretty much right though...i mean, ive heard a cop call a blue srt4 like a purple mustang or something WAY off than what the car really was, and he still got pegged with the speeding ticket.

Last edited by Yamamaha; 11-17-2006 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:01 AM
da dragva kokopelli

ill post when i get back to inform how that worked out.....fingers crossed
Old 11-17-2006, 07:16 AM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

This was lamer than the locked 50/35 thread.

Quick Reply: QUICK READ AND POST