Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

quick ??

Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default quick ??

thinking about getting a mazda protege speed are there any forums dedicated to the speed to read up on tuner abilities stuff like that. any info is intrested
Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld
Default Re: quick ??

msprotege.com
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM
cubs 4 life

whats your take from what im reading they dont take well to boost upgrades due to the weak block. are there many upgrade parts for the car such as turbos stuff like that or is it best to leave the stock t-25 on there
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

what are your plans for the car?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 AM
cubs 4 life

for right now i was thinkin fmic hardpipes bov up the boost a lil. eventually i would like to get rid of the small t-25 and go to something a lil bigger.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:26 AM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
for right now i was thinkin fmic hardpipes bov up the boost a lil. eventually i would like to get rid of the small t-25 and go to something a lil bigger.
Def. Do an intercooler upgrade. I upgraded mine on my srt and I noticed a nice gain in top end. I was trapping 3-5 MPH higher with just my IC due to the fact the stock gets heat soak very quick
Old 02-21-2007, 05:31 AM
cubs 4 life

im really starting to wonder if i should get one now from what i been reading they have weak internals and can blow the block after 10psi. im used to dsm that can hold 400+ hp on a stock block. maybe a wrx is a better deal
Old 02-21-2007, 08:26 AM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

if it cant handle anything above 10psi i wouldnt waste my time. Get something better.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
im really starting to wonder if i should get one now from what i been reading they have weak internals and can blow the block after 10psi. im used to dsm that can hold 400+ hp on a stock block. maybe a wrx is a better deal
Not to thread jack, but if your interested in a wrx, I know where you can find one . Also dont know much about the mazda speed cars, but if 10psi is max boost, id be weary. Doesnt seem like you could make much power out of the car.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
cubs 4 life

hahah yea a wrx would be nice but none of the local dealerships have one in stcok for the price im looking to stay around. i need one to be at a dealer so i can trade my civic in for one

Quick Reply: quick ??