Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

questions seeking advice on h22 swap

Old 07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H23Lude9 has disabled reputation
Default questions seeking advice on h22 swap

Ok i just got off the phone with Tuners edge. This is what they said...2400 $ for the motor tranny and ecu. 160 $ for the wiring of the vtec. 1000$ for install..i was going to get a lightweight flywheel and have them put it in but they suggested that i replace the whole clutch along with the flywheel. i dont have the funds for a brand new cluch considering i replaced it last year. so thats out of the question...

now its down to keeping the old motor, ecu and tranny or not. i dont really have the room for the stuff considering i still live at home (18 years old) and we turned our garage into a laundry/cabnit room. i could make room but it would be a hassle to drag it out and work on it or whatever i was going to do with it.. i was just going to turn around and sell it but i havn't had any offers. and my dads not to keen on having this motor sitting around the house. i wouldn't mind keeping it just to have somthing to work on and learn from but i am just trying to figure out whether it will be worth the 200 bucks they want.

other question i have is what is the difference between taking it to Tuners edge or taking it to a honda dealership or someone who offers less on everything and having them do it? In no way am i complaining about the work of Tuners Edge or their prices. I respect them and I know TE is a great place to do business i have done other work with them but nothing this big.

also the motors dont really come with a warrenty all they have is a start up..after that i im on my own..now TE said that depending on what is wrong with the motor after it
leaves the shop they will work somthing out with me.(the motor is
coming from Hmotors online)
sorry this is such a long thread but i have just busted my ass since i was 16 to save up for what i am about to get and i just want it done right for the right price.. i know some of you can feel me on this..... any help and opinions would be great.

Last edited by H23Lude9; 07-12-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: questions seeking advice on h22 swap

Uhh.. first off.. $2400 for the motor?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30015

The motor, tranny, ecu is $1950 and shipping to VA is roughly $175. So that should be $2125 for the motor. I would buy the motor yourself from HMotors and get it shipped directly to whoever is doing the swap. That way you save some money for whatever else you may need.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

so its going to cost you $3600 to do an h22 swap into an h23 prelude...?

no offense but if it were my deal, and a shop was not going to have some outstanding warranty, i'd find someone off the board to give you a hand wrestling it in there and getting it wired up for half the price or less. think how much money for mods that would save you...

im not downing shops at all, but put simply if you have a tight budget theyre just not the way to go. explore some other local options before you commit all that money
Old 07-12-2005, 01:32 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Tuner's Edge is a great shop. And if you get the motor through them, and have them do the work, it's almost guaranteed if something breaks they will cut you a major deal on fixing it, if not do so for free. Obviously, I don't work there, so don't take this as me talking for them, however, I know both guys, and both are awesome people, and know what they are doing with cars.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

as he said above tuners edge is a great shop. they did my swap(91 dx hatch) and also my wiring and a couple of new parts for $2000("00 jdm b20b). the engine bay was the cleanest i'd had ever seen everything looked perfect, and ran great.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KyleVA
Uhh.. first off.. $2400 for the motor?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30015

The motor, tranny, ecu is $1950 and shipping to VA is roughly $175. So that should be $2125 for the motor. I would buy the motor yourself from HMotors and get it shipped directly to whoever is doing the swap. That way you save some money for whatever else you may need.

yea sorry i ment to say motor tranny and ecu.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by H23Lude9
yea sorry i ment to say motor tranny and ecu.
Nono, I'm saying that motor, tranny, and ECU shipped to VA is $2125 (off of hmo) opposed to the $2400 you would pay to Tuners Edge if you bought the motor through them.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

Nono, I'm saying that motor, tranny, and ECU shipped to VA is $2125 (off of hmo) opposed to the $2400 you would pay to Tuners Edge if you bought the motor through them.

o ok i c..huh i dont know i might have to check that out.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Banned

Like I said before.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/s...page&item=30015

Check it out; motor, tranny, and ECU all for $1950 + $175 for shipping. No reason to spend more money than you have to.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Like I said before.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/s...page&item=30015

Check it out; motor, tranny, and ECU all for $1950 + $175 for shipping. No reason to spend more money than you have to.

i dont see where it says 175$ for shipping.. i see the price for the complete swap.

Quick Reply: questions seeking advice on h22 swap