Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Question for you Honda guru's

Old 10-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NVMX-5 has disabled reputation
Default Question for you Honda guru's

I have a 2006 Honda element and I enjoy the car for taking the dogs with me on hikes, camping, blah blah blah. The only complaint I have are the front seats which provide little support. I am installing the FG2 si seats in the element which have the same height, the rails bolt up 3 out of 4, and the seat belt buckle transfers over easily. The only problem is that the airbag light is on because the the clips from the si seat don't match up with the element. Is there a way to change the clips? Do I have to have to look at the wire map to see what goes where? I would like to keep the seats. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Question for you Honda guru's

Originally Posted by NVMX-5
I have a 2006 Honda element and I enjoy the car for taking the dogs with me on hikes, camping, blah blah blah. The only complaint I have are the front seats which provide little support. I am installing the FG2 si seats in the element which have the same height, the rails bolt up 3 out of 4, and the seat belt buckle transfers over easily. The only problem is that the airbag light is on because the the clips from the si seat don't match up with the element. Is there a way to change the clips? Do I have to have to look at the wire map to see what goes where? I would like to keep the seats. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Clip the wires, re-wire them and call it a day
Old 10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by NVMX-5
You can probably re-pin the new connector using the old plug. Bust out a wiring diagram for each and see if shit will match up
Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM

NVMX-5 has disabled reputation

Alright I guess I'm off to whore google with those wire diagrams