Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

question for people with lowered cars

Old 04-23-2003, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JasonVT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question for people with lowered cars

how do y'all lift your car off the ground to do oil changes, etc? my car is too low to go up the normail ramps and those extensions you buy suck. ive been using a jack and stands, but if there a ramp made for lowered cars, thatd be much easier.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:09 AM
MOB
Versus1

MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB
Default Re: question for people with lowered cars

Originally posted by JasonVT
how do y'all lift your car off the ground to do oil changes, etc? my car is too low to go up the normail ramps and those extensions you buy suck. ive been using a jack and stands, but if there a ramp made for lowered cars, thatd be much easier.

Drive your car up on a 2x4 to raise it up slightly. Then you should have just enough clearance to jack up the car.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:11 AM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

or dont lower it THAT much. to not fit on a lift you gotta be down like 3"s or so
Old 04-23-2003, 05:13 AM

i can fit a jack under the car... but jack and stands take longer than driving up a ramp. was just wondering if theres a quality ramp that would work.

its not slammed. its lowered 1-3/4" i think.
i do know it wont fit on the lift at the merchants in burke tho haha
Old 04-23-2003, 05:15 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Some cars don't fit on ramps stock...my Integra didn't or My prelude. I can imagine that a car with a big front end like an f-bod wouldn't fit if lowered at all. I remember someone on the board found some ramps that fit for lowered cars, but they weren't real high and I think their purpose was to lift the car to slide a jack under it.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:16 AM

yeah i remember seein those a while ago. they only lifted it like 3"
Old 04-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

unless you feel like spending some money on ramps that are longer (which will probably cost way more then they're worth), you're better off just sticking to the "drive over a board, jack the car up" method.

it's just one of those things you have to deal with when you have a low car. if you're changing the oil, the few extra minutes aren't going to kill you since you have to wait for the oil to drain once you get it up anyways.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:38 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Yeah I have some Rhino Ramps - for lower(ed) cars - from good ol' pep boys.

They do not raise the car as high as normal ramps, but there is room for me to get underneath to change the oil.

Then again my car isnt lowered much at all - about 1"
Old 04-23-2003, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by montman
Yeah I have some Rhino Ramps - for lower(ed) cars - from good ol' pep boys.

They do not raise the car as high as normal ramps, but there is room for me to get underneath to change the oil.

Then again my car isnt lowered much at all - about 1"
so yours is back down the the height it shoulda been from the factory? no more 4x4 look?
Old 04-23-2003, 05:50 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by JasonVT
so yours is back down the the height it shoulda been from the factory? no more 4x4 look?
Exactly.

I had to take off my 35 X 12.5 super swampers but thats the price we pay.

Looks like a bullitt mustang, if you have seen one. It could stand to be a little lower but I have other shit to spend $$ on.

Quick Reply: question for people with lowered cars