Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

question concering the trunk [electrical]

Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
head1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the rough
Default question concering the trunk [electrical]

ive got a 99 integra. a while back i had to swap out the trunk lid because of an accident, and ever since then my light on the dashboard lights up saying the trunk is open. it obviously isnt, but i guess im missing a sensor that tells the dash to turn the light off. the problem is, ive got the stock security system on my car, and i cant arm it because the car thinks the trunk is open. so i have to lock it the old fashioned way, through the door. my question is, is there any way i can disconnect a cable or something, so that the light turns off, so the car thinks the trunk is closed, and i can arm my system?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: question concering the trunk [electrical]

There is a pinswitch on either the door or the doorjamb. Find the switch and press it, see if you can arm it then. If you can't, you can either get a new switch, make sure the old one is actually connected, or bypass the switch altogether. If you want to bypass it, you should be able to just disconnect it. I think the switches complete the circuit when the door is open, I don't remember though.
If it works when you manually press it, the switch might need to be adjusted, or the hatch might not be lined up properly. The dome light should work like normal if the switch is working..
Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 PM
in another castle.

zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle
Default Re: question concering the trunk [electrical]

it's okay no one's gunna break into your car.