Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

question on accident repairs w insurance

Old 12-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Dragva nukkas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of
Default question on accident repairs w insurance

Recently my si was hit by a logging truck on Elbow Rd. Pretty much fucked my whole right side up, didn't have too much done to the car but it was lowered and had some konig rims on it. My insurance company is allstate and the accident was most deffinitly his fault, in the accident both my right side rims were bent and cracked will the insurance company pay for my aftermarket rims? thanks for any info.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Repeat offender

Stroker-ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question on accident repairs w insurance

probably not.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Dragva nukkas

eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of

thats shitty
Old 12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Most of the time, your insurance won't cover aftermarket parts on the car, unless you alert them when you put them on.

If you don't tell them, they must assume the car is stock (like it should be), and will only give you the amount of stock parts that should be on the vehicle.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

get me too fix it and i can prolly squeeze enoght out of the check to buy you two new rims...i own affordable automotive...7222199...in hampton...have a wrecker and i can come get it...few shops will even try to help you out....shop 7222199 cell 870 3103
Old 12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

ViPER1313 has disabled reputation

Like idriveahonda said, insurance companies rarely give out money for modifications unless you specifically insure those items. Hopefully the company's estimate is enough to cover your damage.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:57 AM
Registered Member

jay357 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was the other persons fault, then it doesnt matter what you informed your insurance company of. His insurance will have to pay for it. I had an identical accident happen to me except I was hit by a girl with her learners permit, not a logging truck, and her parents insurance company wrote me a check with no problem for my two after market rims. I dont know if this is always the case but it was very easy in mine.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

You shouldn't even be dealing with your own insurance company for this. The truck's insurance is supposed to cover all expenses to return your vehicle to the same condition it was in prior to the crash. That doesn't mean that everything has to be new, but it should be in-kind replacement. You do not have to accept their settlement offer, however be prepared to support your claims...know what used prices are for replacement parts.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

i got in 2 accidents in my rsx with motegis on them.( both not my fault. damn car was jinxed.) both times they replaced them. just call and ask. now if the cars totaled they wont let you take them off unless you got stock rims.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

<--- Insurance agent. Truck Ins = primary payer here. Allstate may "subrogate" and pay for your repairs minus your deductable if the other insurance drags their feet. However, in the end you may have to provide some receipts showing the value of the aftermarket equipment.

Quick Reply: question on accident repairs w insurance