Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

project car possibilities

Old 05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default project car possibilities

i've been thinking about some options about building a project car. of course there's the ever popular turbo honda or nissan (i even have a 240 in great shape dying to be turbocharged...) but i think i'm going to try to steer away from 'conventional' import tuner cars. right now my heart still lies with imports and turbocharging something (i have every intention on building an n/a or possibly s/c v8, most likely a classic chevrolet, someday- but not right now), but i'm delving into some of the more rare and extraordinary possiblities to make things a little more interesting.

unfortunately either my account is restricted or i'm just a retard and don't know how to post attachments, but i've been leaning toward finding out what's involved with putting an rb26dett into a 240z. i know that even finding a 240 in decent condition for cheap is going to be hard, and i've never done bodywork before so it may be expensive getting it looking good as well. but i wouldn't foresee any major difficulties with dropping an rb in there, in fact i'm sure it's been done before. from what i can tell it's a solid, rwd platform that originally came equipped with an i-6 anyway, and i can't remember ever seeing one turbocharged in the virginia beach area, let alone with an rb26.

other options would be building a turbo buick, but there may be too much money involved with just buying the car for me to follow through with it. a remote option would be building my 240sx ka24e up naturally aspirated with ITBs and 13:1 compression just to see what i could squeeze out of it on the motor.

throw me some ideas or tell me what you think about the options i've listed.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation
Default Re: project car possibilities

what i want to do with my 240, is put a 383 Stroker EFI, and go bonkers
Old 05-03-2005, 12:38 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Seriously, I would look at hooking up a 97 Buick Regal. They come with the 3800 supercharged motor. They have some pretty decent lines, and if painted deep black, lowered, treated with a lip kit and some nice wheels, it would look very nice. The motor has some potential, too.

I was making plans on one a few weeks back after seeing one in a lot.

Other than that, maybe a 1988 Fiero GT with the whale tail.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:38 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Moriar
what i want to do with my 240, is put a 383 Stroker EFI, and go bonkers
i thought about that a long time ago, but i'd rather put a v8 in a 240z, i think they're a little more receptive (bigger engine bay) and maybe even lighter too.

i've never heard of anyone putting a v8 in a 240sx though. that would be very interesting.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackout
i thought about that a long time ago, but i'd rather put a v8 in a 240z, i think they're a little more receptive (bigger engine bay) and maybe even lighter too.

i've never heard of anyone putting a v8 in a 240sx though. that would be very interesting.
It's been done. I know of a LT1 in a S14, but there are others that I've heard of.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I hate these threads because everyone recommends the same car that they drive. I'll be different and say make a Civic fast
Old 05-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

a saturn.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:45 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Seriously, I would look at hooking up a 97 Buick Regal. They come with the 3800 supercharged motor. They have some pretty decent lines, and if painted deep black, lowered, treated with a lip kit and some nice wheels, it would look very nice. The motor has some potential, too.

I was making plans on one a few weeks back after seeing one in a lot.

Other than that, maybe a 1988 Fiero GT with the whale tail.
i'd like to stay rwd... i kind of have this delusion of grandeur that eventually i can make a car that will run decent times on the dragstrip and can go out and be competitive on a road course as well.

also a big turn off is an automatic transmission. i know the turbo buicks are all auto but i just think those cars are cool as hell.

i just don't like the look or feel of the fieros. my stepdad had one and i just didn't like it.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

20b powered mx-3.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

or go SR20 E30 BMW. Theres a shop in cali that sells the whole swap for 5K inculding mounts, intercooler and all that hoopla

Quick Reply: project car possibilities