Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Procharger question

Old 02-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of
Default Procharger question

I have a 90 hatch and I recently bought the 99 si procharger kit for it. My question is I have seen this kit on an eg chasis before and it worked fine. I looked at the charger and the car today and I noticed that it wil not fit due to the frame rail extends to far down not allowing it to fit like it would on an eg or ek. ( if you know the kit design and have it on a ek or eg then you know what Iam talking about when I say where is goes). My question is does anyone have pictures of this kit on an ef or has anyone actually done this? I would like to install this but I really dont want to cut the car up to do so.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:36 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas
Default Re: Procharger question

u just might have to. thats what u get for ordering a 99 si kit, to put on your 90.

my advice...search the web. find out how and where this has been done. see what they had to do to make it fit...
Old 02-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

Never said I ordered it. I got a really good deal on it and I thought I could get it to work with different brackets, but I understand now that are not my probelm it is the frame rail. I can always resell it for more then I bought it for just wanted to do something a little differnet. Thanks for you advice.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas

Originally Posted by KYLE ROSE
I have a 90 hatch and I recently bought the 99 si procharger kit for it. My question is I have seen this kit on an eg chasis before and it worked fine. I looked at the charger and the car today and I noticed that it wil not fit due to the frame rail extends to far down not allowing it to fit like it would on an eg or ek. ( if you know the kit design and have it on a ek or eg then you know what Iam talking about when I say where is goes). My question is does anyone have pictures of this kit on an ef or has anyone actually done this? I would like to install this but I really dont want to cut the car up to do so.
my bad. i assumed you had already bought it when you said that you had bought it.

you can get anything to work. you just gotta know the right people, and be willing to hand out some money for something custom.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Its cool man. Atleast you were giving your time to try and help. I put this kit on an eg and then took it off when the guy parted his car out i was just trying to be a little different, dont see to many procharged Hondas. Hopefull i can find something on the web i was thinking maybe i could mount it over on the drivers side on top and run it like a gear driven charger kinda like a vortec? Hopefully someone on here has seen or done this to there ef. Thanks again.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

you most make a custom braket and mount it were the alt goes on a h22. You also need to fab a new charge pipe for the inlet side of the innercooler.
JS
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the help 6spdeg. Ill be looking into the bracket today.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

I went outside today tried the idea of mounting the charger like an alt on a h22 I actually had more space lower down mounting it close to the crossmember ( mocking it up not really bolting it on) .Pulley being on the drivers side and charger itself towards the passenger side, this seems to be the only way this would fit on the car. It will fit this way and I can make brackets that connect it the block the only thing I see being a probelm with is the Charger was meant to mount reverse then I have it now so the pulley is on the wrong side from orignal design making the charger not spin in the direction it was suppose to. ( fins pushing air the wrong way) I am really close to putting this on the car if anybody has any ideas I would greatly appericate it.