Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

powder coating stock C5 rims?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT
Default powder coating stock C5 rims?

...any comments??
Was thinking Black....professional powder coating them black. Or should I just BUY black rims?
Maybe go up a size? 18s and 19s instead of 17s / 18s

Or just keep the chrome?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: powder coating stock C5 rims?

You talking about the factory 5 spokes? I had mine done by a friend who works at powdercoating solutions, they were an aftermarket chrome wheel, he had them glass beaded and then coated them for me for $175. It was a hell of a deal, but you should be able to get them done retail for around $350-400. I did get tired of them after about 6 months and bought a set of polished uncleared c6 wheels. I kept the front powdercoated ones for drag radials next year tho. What color is the car? The dark wheels look good on a vette if it's the right color, but honestly, I prefer something with a little shine, just looks right.

It's really up to you though, but here is a pic of my car with the pc'ed wheels and one with the c6 wheels. Hope this helps.

This is also before I lowered the car.

After I lowered it.

If money is an issue, like it is for most, myself included, then I wouldn't buy black wheels, I'd powdercoat yours. However, if you buy black you can always switch back and forth, especially from winter to summer.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Originally Posted by JROW
You talking about the factory 5 spokes? I had mine done by a friend who works at powdercoating solutions, they were an aftermarket chrome wheel, he had them glass beaded and then coated them for me for $175. It was a hell of a deal, but you should be able to get them done retail for around $350-400. I did get tired of them after about 6 months and bought a set of polished uncleared c6 wheels. I kept the front powdercoated ones for drag radials next year tho. What color is the car? The dark wheels look good on a vette if it's the right color, but honestly, I prefer something with a little shine, just looks right.

It's really up to you though, but here is a pic of my car with the pc'ed wheels and one with the c6 wheels. Hope this helps.

This is also before I lowered the car.

After I lowered it.

If money is an issue, like it is for most, myself included, then I wouldn't buy black wheels, I'd powdercoat yours. However, if you buy black you can always switch back and forth, especially from winter to summer.

Hell of a post!! thank you!

The car is black. So i think it would look nice. About to do a custom paint scheme, gloss black with a red offset stripe (i'm going to make it work for sure) on the driver's side.
Was thinking about powder coating black and then caliper's red... to match the stripe. I thought it would be sharp!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:23 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Sounds like it would be sharp and colors would coordinate nicely. Glad I could help, good luck.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Impulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these partsImpulsed7 is infamous around these parts

black with gunmetal ftw....

but make sure to tell powdercoating solutions to darken their gunmetal, mine is almost silver....
Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

do the rims gloss black with a red stripe around the lip....a red racing stripe down the drivers side....i think would be retarded....all black with the red striped wheels would be good...