Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Poopra's first time on track

Old 04-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Poopra's first time on track

Unfortunately it was only an 1/8th-mile...which is funny that I am shutting down right about the time I am starting to speed up...but that's ok.

Regardless, it was hard to judge how quick I was going because everything was either pro-street or straight rice out there.

On my first time EVER with this car on the track, my slip was as follows:

R/T: .982 (been a while since I saw a tree )
60': 2.297
330': 5.973
1/8: 8.898 @ 83.96 MPH

I was pretty happy with that for my first run ever on the track with the Poopra, and first time in 3 years on a track period! I raced about 6 times Saturday night, and my first was my best, however I did get mt R/T down to a consistant .670 or so.

I went again yesterday afternoon to try to really get it on, and was thrilled with my results.

Once again, my first run was strong, then I dipped down. My first run of yesterday was:

R/T: .773
60': 2.252
330': 5.833
1/8: 8.647 @ 85.56 MPH
Turns out I was overboosting to 18.6 PSI in 2nd gear, but it made for a pretty run. I was happy already! However, my goal was to get kicked off the track last night (8.59 or faster needs a helmet). Also, I couldn't get the boost to gain quickly and level off...if it gained quickly it would oscillate and spike, so I would have to turn the sensitivity down on the EBC (open the WG way early) to get it to level off at a decent boost (I was aiming for about 15.5-16 PSI).

Long story short, about 9 runs later, right about the time a cold front was rolling in, and the temp. dropped about 15 degrees, I line up and decide to ride the clutch a little longer out of the hole and soft shift to second to minimize the enormous spinning I was experiencing on the 1-2 shift.

SUCCESS!

My best run yet, and of course my final run of the evening (what a great feeling being told not to go back out!) was as follows:

R/T: .584
60': 2.067
330': 5.507
1/8: 8.270 @ 89.08 MPH

Woo-hoo! Through many hours of tweaking the EBC, I got it to open decently late and hold 15.8 PSI all the way from the 60' on...I'm pleased, and I can't wait to come home and run to MIR and put her on the 1/4 to see what my high traps REALLY translate to.

For the record, my best R/T was a .537, my best trap was a 90.07 MPH, and my best 60' & ET were the last run.

See some of you in about 2 weeks, I'm down in GA roughing it in school, I was racing at Jax Int. Raceway in Jacksonville, FL (20 minutes south of here).

-MerF
Old 04-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Poopra's first time on track

good stuff man
Old 04-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

good times

those traps are high as shit...7 mph higher and you'd have gotten my trap in the 1/4
Old 04-14-2004, 11:28 AM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

nice, good job!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Ghost

Originally Posted by FR3SHT0D3F
good times

those traps are high as shit...7 mph higher and you'd have gotten my trap in the 1/4
In the Hype R? It traps that low? I figured it to be faster than that.

Thanks all! So who's going to MIR in about 2 or 3 weeks to run the 1/4 with me? and more importantly, who can guess what I might run in the 1/4 judging my times? All the conversion tables on the internet are complete CRAP since they can't possibly account for the fact I'm not even making power intil about thr 330 mark. . They all say I'm running like a 12.9 in the quarter at best...yeah...slower than stock, here I come!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

whooops got your message still havnt called you back,.... give me another call when you get in so we can make this transfer...
Old 04-14-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

yep sure does...14.6@97

congrats for making me feel like shit

stock supras run faster than 12.8?

i would think you'd get at least a low 12. at least. but i'm not good at calculating 1/4 mile shit

Last edited by nolongerhere.; 04-14-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Ghost

LMAO!!!

A dude down here in GA has YOUR car (exactly) with a tiny ass TD03 or some shit like that turbo on it. It's so small the thing can't push enough air when his VTEC engages, it's funny as shit! But quick enough for sure.

Justin: I hate you. I'll try again soon.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Ghost

Originally Posted by FR3SHT0D3F
stock supras run faster than 12.8?
Editing bastard!

Phactory Phreaks have been known to hit a 12.9.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

Originally Posted by MerF
LMAO!!!

A dude down here in GA has YOUR car (exactly) with a tiny ass TD03 or some shit like that turbo on it. It's so small the thing can't push enough air when his VTEC engages, it's funny as shit! But quick enough for sure.

Justin: I hate you. I'll try again soon.
hahah, there is a slight problem though.

Quick Reply: Poopra's first time on track