Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Place/person to lower car?

Old 03-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Place/person to lower car?

Hello , I have a 1995 Accord EX Sedan and Koni Reds / Intraxx 2.0" Lowering Springs (already mounted on struts). A knowledgeable friend and myself were trying and found out that the rear bolts that go through the fork were stuck, absolutely stuck..so i'm trying to figure out another place to do it.

Any reccomendations anywhere in the state of Virginia preferrably in the central Virginia area, but not necessarily, please post..

Or any individuals whom feel that they can bypass the stuck/frozen/stubborn bolts..post up

Thanks - not looking to spend as much as the only shop around here charges ($100/corner)
Old 03-07-2004, 06:16 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub
Default Re: Place/person to lower car?

Originally Posted by hour
Thanks - not looking to spend as much as the only shop around here charges ($100/corner)
I'll do $50 a corner.

You may have to drill out the stubborn bolts and just replace them with new ones. Good luck
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NighthawkRSX
I'll do $50 a corner.

You may have to drill out the stubborn bolts and just replace them with new ones. Good luck

I'd pay you $200/job with everything said and done, but i'm assuming you're private, and don't have access to a shop, or any tools. With that being said, I'm a little worried the same thing will happen with the last guy I tried to do this with - I drive for a lonnng time only to have my rear bolts be dead in the water.

However, if you think you can do it regardles let me know..
Old 03-07-2004, 09:29 AM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

I know more impatient can do it...he doesn't have a shop to work in but he does have the tools. He didn't break mine when we put my springs on.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

i can vouch for more impatients work... pay him to do it... good guy.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

3gturbo has a spectacular aura about3gturbo has a spectacular aura about

I was wondering if you got it done it.... I'll do for 180...
Old 03-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 3gturbo
I was wondering if you got it done it.... I'll do for 180...

I'll pay whatever it takes short of what local shops are looking for, but I can't stress enough that these bolts are..fucking stuck. I've heard people drilling em out, torching em, etc.. but the thing is is that I simply can't afford gas money and time to drive all the way down to VA beach where most of you live only to hear that the rear bolts are stuck..

With that being said, if you're positive you can deal with bolts that are often times required to be drilled out or heated/cracked - bolts that break socket sets and breaker bars as well.. then post up.

Sorry to sound like a dick, if I did - but these things are stuck and I can't stress that enough.

Thanks..
Old 03-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hour
I'll pay whatever it takes short of what local shops are looking for, but I can't stress enough that these bolts are..fucking stuck. I've heard people drilling em out, torching em, etc.. but the thing is is that I simply can't afford gas money and time to drive all the way down to VA beach where most of you live only to hear that the rear bolts are stuck..

With that being said, if you're positive you can deal with bolts that are often times required to be drilled out or heated/cracked - bolts that break socket sets and breaker bars as well.. then post up.

Sorry to sound like a dick, if I did - but these things are stuck and I can't stress that enough.

Thanks..
dude i gotta 7 foot breaker bar that says its coming off.