Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Parking ticket

Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Parking ticket

I had broken a lower ball joint 4 houses from my house. So I call a tow truck company and after almost 4 hours of waiting with my car (since it was in the middle of the street) the tow truck shows up. Well because of the broken ball joint he couldn't put it on the truck so he pushes with wheel dollies under the front tires and pushes it infront of my house. He puts it facing the wrong direction on the street and takes off the wheel dollies. Not thinking anything of it I pay him and go to bed. The next day I had work the closing shift so I had no time to work on it. I go out there this morning and there is a nice parking ticket on my windshield.

What are my options, I realize its only a 25 dollar ticket but its kind of lame that I have to pay it considering the tow truck driver put it on the wrong side of the road.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

bmw-m has disabled reputation
Default Re: Parking ticket

damn that sux, unfortunately all they are gonna do is just tell u "u can contest it in court" because those greedy fucks want their money..

i just got one a week ago for parking on my own grass... and i own the damn house, wtf
Old 09-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bmw-m
damn that sux, unfortunately all they are gonna do is just tell u "u can contest it in court" because those greedy fucks want their money..

i just got one a week ago for parking on my own grass... and i own the damn house, wtf
Yeah it said I could contest it but it looks like a huge pain in the ass to do. I wonder if I call the tow truck company if they will do anything. Probably just tell me to eat a dick.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
CREATOR=SCAMMER X2,

35thcamaross has disabled reputation

wait, you can get a ticket for your car on your grass, what if you have a car in your drive way with no tags on it? can you get one for that too?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Karate Kid

pt_1024 has disabled reputation

you can get a ticket for anything now a days.. probably even for using your windshield wipers on a dry day. but i believe depending on police and the neighbor will determine if they want to give tickets or not.

sorry man for the ticket, i still say fight that bitch.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Pulling The Weight

PureBreed has disabled reputation

Pay the ticket and be done.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Pay the ticket. It's a parking ticket, not a speeding ticket, and it isn't going to affect anything. Go to work for an extra 2 hours; you'll spend less time earning the money than you will trying to save the money by fighting the ticket. Keep your priorities straight, some things are worth trying to fight and some aren't.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Pay the ticket. It's a parking ticket, not a speeding ticket, and it isn't going to affect anything. Go to work for an extra 2 hours; you'll spend less time earning the money than you will trying to save the money by fighting the ticket. Keep your priorities straight, some things are worth trying to fight and some aren't.
Yeah I really don't have a problem paying it, just seemed lame because of the situation.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:10 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

call this number and tell them your situation and they shuld be able to help you...627-5433
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa

Originally Posted by nftuatn
call this number and tell them your situation and they shuld be able to help you...627-5433
Speed dial?

Quick Reply: Parking ticket