Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris

Old 11-21-2014, 11:53 AM
2doors plus 2.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/hon...sts-1653681508

Basically stating it is coming but may or may not be a hatchback since sedan sales are not as great over seas versus the North America.

In the end if it all I really hope it's a sedan, but it's still a Honda and I'll find it hard for me to spend the extra money for another not rear wheel drive vehicle. I mean really you could purchase a plethora of cars that will/could easily be faster than a CTR if you bring it down to the point that you're going to use it for track purposes. Aka it was created for spec class racing.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/hon...sts-1653681508

Basically stating it is coming but may or may not be a hatchback since sedan sales are not as great over seas versus the North America.

In the end if it all I really hope it's a sedan, but it's still a Honda and I'll find it hard for me to spend the extra money for another not rear wheel drive vehicle. I mean really you could purchase a plethora of cars that will/could easily be faster than a CTR if you bring it down to the point that you're going to use it for track purposes. Aka it was created for spec class racing.
That's the thing though. That's the same "article" (more like reckless speculation honestly) that I read and I didn't hear anything convincing in it. That guy just doesn't sound credible to me and everything else I've found that says that the CTR is coming to the US cites his Oppo post (which I guess they don't understand is different from an actual news break) as the source. I just have a hard time believing that Honda would go through the trouble. For the UK it's worth it because between gas, insurance, and taxes it has become prohibitively expensive to own a traditional sports car there, but there's absolutely nothing stopping me from getting any Mustang and getting the same or more power, more torque, a more desirable layout, and a better looking car for less money than a CTR. I just don't see the market.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:40 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired

That's the thing though. That's the same "article" (more like reckless speculation honestly) that I read and I didn't hear anything convincing in it. That guy just doesn't sound credible to me and everything else I've found that says that the CTR is coming to the US cites his Oppo post (which I guess they don't understand is different from an actual news break) as the source. I just have a hard time believing that Honda would go through the trouble. For the UK it's worth it because between gas, insurance, and taxes it has become prohibitively expensive to own a traditional sports car there, but there's absolutely nothing stopping me from getting any Mustang and getting the same or more power, more torque, a more desirable layout, and a better looking car for less money than a CTR. I just don't see the market.
I understand that too, I was just citing for the fact of the matter that there is good speculation out there for Honda doing something.

Maybe Honda is coming back to it's "glory years" aka it's throwing out a couple of sport cars because they are losing out to Toyota/Subaru, Mazda, etc. If you look at the market Honda has nothing in the competitive range of vehicles except the Si and it's not much better than a TC.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:44 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris

The Si was cool in 2006 when it was new. Now it's nearly a decade old and they haven't done fucking shit to improve it. It's fucking ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:55 AM
2doors plus 2.

Just an update to this thread, Honda NA did confirm that a turbo 4 vtec motor is coming to the states and will be produced at the Anna, Ohio plant.

For anyone that cares.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

If they brought it to the us I would buy it. I just wish it was AWD
Old 01-20-2015, 10:38 AM
SME
Registered Member

SME has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by time2op3nsh0p
this is the fugliest damn type R ever. Worst than the FN2. If it did come to the US it would probably cost 35-40k..
I agree with this. Besides all cars getting too big now a days, Honda should be best at this but the US market just won't have it.
I wouldn't complain if they would just slip us in an EP3 Type-R or FD2 and call it a 2015
Old 01-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered member

PIZZABOY92 has disabled reputation

I work for Honda and the turbo 4 cylinder is coming in 2018
Old 01-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by PIZZABOY92
I work for Honda and the turbo 4 cylinder is coming in 2018
You work for a Honda dealer, or for corporate Honda? Unless you work for corporate and have actual visibility of future products, you don't have a clue what's happening in 2018. Dealers get a carefully groomed version of what might happen in 2018, subject to change between now and then.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Registered member

PIZZABOY92 has disabled reputation

I work for the dealer but we get material that is covered in our service meetings that comes straight from American Honda.i doubt they would be setting up factory training for turbos if it wasn't legit...