VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/paris-motor-show-honda-civic-type-r-looks-ready-take-flight-paris-486687/)

Reloaded 10-04-2014 10:20 AM

Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/aut...icle-1.1962115

You can't fault us for trying, countless times, and pushing for Honda to bring the almight Civic Type-R Concept to the U.S.

Chances are pretty much zero, since the base of this winged wonder is the European-market Civic - which, incidentally, looks awfully cool even without the Type-R's massive wings and spoilers. Honda also had the new Civic Sport model on display here in Paris.

Powered by a 276-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder, this marks the first time a Type-R Civic (or any Type-R model, for that matter) receives forced induction. All the power is sent to the front wheels, though Honda has promised to eliminate torque steer - that annyoing tug on the steering wheel in high-performance front-wheel-drive cars - via careful suspension tuning, including adaptive dampers for the front and rear suspension. The transmission is a 6-speed manual, which is also beefed up to cope with this Civic's prodigious performance.

In fact, Honda has gone as far as saying this new super-Civic will outperform even the mid-engine NSX Type-R sports car from the 1990s!

A dash button marked "+R" ups engine performance to its fullest, modifies torque mapping, increases throttle response, sharpens the steering and increases the firmness of the suspension. Basically, this button should just be labeled "Ridiculous Fun."

The only sad part, as we've said before, is that the Type-R isn't coming to the U.S. Though we'd have no qualms accepting an invite from Honda to test drive this car, in the interests of trans-Atlantic comraderie, of course.

JacKal 10-04-2014 10:41 AM

Re: Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris

1 Attachment(s)
It's neat looking.

Attachment 189595

NasTHatch 10-04-2014 01:51 PM

I wish Honda would get with the program and make an AWD turbo hatch :(

Fried_Chicken 10-04-2014 04:11 PM

Paris Motor Show: Honda Civic Type-R looks ready to take flight in Paris

I've said this for years now, Honda has lost their way in terms of U.S - based performance vehicles. I will not buy a new Honda ever again unless something changes soon.

Reloaded 10-04-2014 06:11 PM

I really don't think Honda or Toyota even care about building performance vehicles anymore.

I think they're really just hung up on the gas thrifty hybrids.

Yardjass 10-04-2014 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Reloaded (Post 8317556)
I really don't think Honda or Toyota even care about building performance vehicles anymore.

I think they're really just hung up on the gas thrifty hybrids.

Nail on the head. To their credit, the do make really good cars. I'll still never buy one because they're too fucking boring.

Young L 10-05-2014 03:45 AM

yeap, still ugly as fuck

91tegrsjg 10-05-2014 08:30 AM

Those wheels are fucking huge

BAN HAMMER 10-06-2014 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by 91tegrsjg (Post 8317596)
Those wheels are fucking huge

They look like something NiChE would have produced in the 90's.
Gay.

GTAWskilled 11-19-2014 11:33 AM

Wasn't sure has anyone been updated but the type r hits dealerships in Nov DEC 2015 in the us