Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Paint Shops in Richmond?

Old 11-03-2004, 06:09 AM
804 y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicCoupe has disabled reputation
Default Paint Shops in Richmond?

I would like to know if anyone has a paint shop that they recommend in the Richmond area...

I'm looking to do a simple re-paint of stock color on the whole car...

I would like to know of a shop that does a good quality job that I will be satisfied with but not overly expensive...I do not want to go to Maaco because everyone i have talked to that had their car done there had a bad experience...I do not know what a projected price would be for a stock re-paint but i have like $900-$1,000 saved up, is this enough for a quality job or is it not?

I did post this in the dragva central region forum but I thought this might get more responses...
Old 11-05-2004, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slither slither slither slither slither slither
Default Re: Paint Shops in Richmond?

Not sure in richmond, but the body shop I use will give you a great paintjob for $1000 if you are keeping the original color. With a color change and body kit, or whatever, its like $2000. This guy does show quality stuff, not like the "show quality" in mags(you ever seen those cars in real life, hideous to say the least, most anyway)
Dont let anyone fool you into thinking you have to sell a kidney in order to get a great paintjob.
I am in south boston though, a decent hike for you(about 1 hour 20 mins) but might be worth checking out? Anyway, you can use my car and others(anything custom here is done by him) as an example. Not trying to get you to get him to do it, more telling you it doesnt have to cost an arm and a leg
Good luck man