Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Paint shop charging way to much

Old 08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snozepp147 has disabled reputation
Default Paint shop charging way to much

so i'm tryin to get my 2 fenders, grille, and bumper painted because i just did the 99-00 front end conversion on my civic. so yesterday i take it to this good paint shop that i usually go to but they recently closed, which sucks because they would've done the job for about $500. so then i decide to take it to Fletcher's paint and body shop. when i get there the guys asks me if the parts are aftermarket and i told him they were OEM Honda parts. so then he was writing up the estimate and i was expecting it to be about 600 or 700, which i might have done but its still kind of high. so he gives me back the estimate and its $1,549. to paint 2 fenders, a grille, and front bumper. i just think thats outrageous, the guy was like it would be alot less if the parts were already off the car. how hard is it to unscrew a couple things and take the parts off themselves. i've taken my whole front end off many times. but even if i had to take it off for them, paint labor was estimated 18 hours to total $680, and the paint supplies were $465. still adding up to over 1000 just to paint the bumper, grille, and fenders. i just think that is most outrageous thing ever. so if anyone knows a good paint shop that doesn't blow a hole in your bank account let me know.

spark notes: need to get fenders, grille, and bumper painted, took it to Fletcher's, the estimate was $1,549=way to much, if anyone knows a good paint shop that charge resonable prices, let me know
Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 AM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paint shop charging way to much

You should shop around a lil bit :P
Old 08-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

what color is your car ? I could do it but depending on ther color I could probably paint them off the car ..
Old 08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

snozepp147 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 3xb18
what color is your car ? I could do it but depending on ther color I could probably paint them off the car ..
milano red
Old 08-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Swampdonky has disabled reputation

If you live around NN, check out fantastic finish. Just take "Industrail" off of jefferson and it will be on the left hand side next to a truck garage. They do great work for a really low price.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

paint is exspensive stuff. Not much around it really. You might find a place cheaper, but I doubt they'll be that much cheaper. Not to mention you get what you pay for.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw richmond I am along way from you ..I fyoui would be willing to take it all off and bring it to me i could prob do it ,pm me if you are interested i will give you a price I dont like side work but I could use the extra $$ rigt now
Old 08-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

Originally Posted by 3xb18
I just saw richmond I am along way from you ..I fyoui would be willing to take it all off and bring it to me i could prob do it ,pm me if you are interested i will give you a price I dont like side work but I could use the extra $$ rigt now
I miss you dale
Old 08-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

pm gilligan
Old 08-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
pm gilligan
thanks homie!!

Quick Reply: Paint shop charging way to much