Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Paint or Powder coat wheels ???

Old 03-12-2003, 07:52 AM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about
Default Paint or Powder coat wheels ???

okay heres the deal. i have a couple sets of wheels i would like to see either painted or powder coated.
these are not cheap wheels, so i would prefer to stay away from masking the tires and painting them via walmart can. I have the tires unmounted so the entire wheels can get the color change. and im sure if you use cheap paint it will flake and chip when the tires are back on... SOooo.

does anybody have a recomendation for painting or powder coating the wheels??

im thinking of buying a powder coating kit myself but not sure how i feel bout it quite yet still need to research more.

any info is apprecaited.. trying to get these on the car by the summer and get off my rota's

thanks.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Painting seems to be the latest fad.

If you have RAYS wheels, you can send them to Japan and have them ANY color you want.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:58 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

i say leave them stock, even though im painting mine, i am some what forced to
Old 03-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by EEK
i say leave them stock, even though im painting mine, i am some what forced to
Forced to?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:13 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

yeah the two rims i bought has deep scratchs there not comming out....soo gotta paint them
Old 03-12-2003, 08:14 AM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about
Default missing the point.

but here get this.. this is my point.

im riding on rota's now... 15's and in gunmetal. i love the gunmetal color on my white teg with black interior.

but i wanted 17's to ride the summer in. so i purchased 2 sets of WHITE racing hart evolution wheels... because of their light weight and style that ive wanted since they came out. but then again they are WHITE... so im looking to make them a lighter gun metel like what i have now... or a dark bronze... im not trying to follow a fad just know what looks good on my car and what doesnt.

and i couldnt pass up the deal i got on both sets of these white wheels... nobody really has them in darker color.. so im taking the style and weight of wheel i want and making them the color i like on my car...

info appreciated.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Atheist.

Ahhhh, good excuse. J/P
Old 03-12-2003, 08:16 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Default Re: missing the point.

Originally posted by dxplicitone
but here get this.. this is my point.

im riding on rota's now... 15's and in gunmetal. i love the gunmetal color on my white teg with black interior.

but i wanted 17's to ride the summer in. so i purchased 2 sets of WHITE racing hart evolution wheels... because of their light weight and style that ive wanted since they came out. but then again they are WHITE... so im looking to make them a lighter gun metel like what i have now... or a dark bronze... im not trying to follow a fad just know what looks good on my car and what doesnt.

and i couldnt pass up the deal i got on both sets of these white wheels... nobody really has them in darker color.. so im taking the style and weight of wheel i want and making them the color i like on my car...

info appreciated.
well if there are real rims get them powder coated you dont wanna take a chance on them, if they were stocks i say paint them
Old 03-12-2003, 08:16 AM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

Default but who...?

does anybody know a place in the area i can go to for an estimate ? or know anybody that does good work on the side?
or have experience in doing it themselves ?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:23 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

shit there was a guy..down the street from skywalkers house that use to charge 100 a rim to powdercoat..ill try and find his website

Quick Reply: Paint or Powder coat wheels ???