Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Opened up a claim with honda. Wish me luck.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Opened up a claim with honda. Wish me luck.

So Im having the traditional S2k issue where the frame causes rips in the soft top. And now, there is even a plastic piece that has worn through the side of the top and caused a tear. I called the dealership and they referred me to American Honda to open up a claim. I really dont feel like shelling out the $$ to replace the top when it wasnt really any negligence on my part. So, hopefully they will replace it. Ill even settle for them just paying for a new one and Ill put it on myself. So, wish me luck. I dont know if anyone else has had any experience like this, but Im figuring it is a long shot in the dark.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality
Default Re: Opened up a claim with honda. Wish me luck.

Is it under warranty? IF so it should be replaced. Simple as that.

That's how it works with us and I figured GM is a lot worse in trying to get parts covered.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by idkfa
Is it under warranty? IF so it should be replaced. Simple as that.

That\'s how it works with us and I figured GM is a lot worse in trying to get parts covered.
I dont think its still under warranty. I mean, its an 03. But it doesnt hurt to give it a shot. I read on s2ki.com someone getting their 2002 top replaced. I treated the top and kept it in good condition but it still ripped.

Push come to shove, Ill just buy a new one, but Im not gonna go out without a fight.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Make sure you watch how you word the fact that you "treated" the top. If you name any products and they are at all petroleum based, you can throw you case right out the window and pull out your checkbook to buy a new top.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

That sucks I didn't even know they had that type of problem. Keep us updated.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

You have comprehensive insurance? My top has been slashed twice ($2k retail - $250 deductible) and they've paid. Picked up the replacements from the race teams for <$1k. People vandalizing my car have paid for two snowboarding trips out west
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Originally Posted by Flite
Make sure you watch how you word the fact that you \"treated\" the top. If you name any products and they are at all petroleum based, you can throw you case right out the window and pull out your checkbook to buy a new top.
Thanks for the info. What I will probably do is call another honda dealership and ask what approved soft top treatments they have and just say I used that. Or hell, I may just not mention it at all.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:50 AM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

they wont do it btw, doesnt matter at all what you say. I worked at the dealership, and couldnt get mine done, and i tried for a few months. If its out of warranty, they consider it wear and tear. I opened my clam a while ago, 03, and when I opened it, the car had about 40k miles on it.

EDIT: ohh yeah, they did it for a few people, and then those people posted that honda covered it on s2ki, and then people flooded honda with claims, and they got really strict. I told them it was a design flaw, and they had the nerve to tell me it was from someone sitting on the top when it was down.

EDIT^2: not that I have to worry about it anymore

EDIT^3: good luck!

Last edited by Vanilla Face; 11-14-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 AM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

save the money from the soft top and invest in a hard top, eliminate the wear/tear issue?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
save the money from the soft top and invest in a hard top, eliminate the wear/tear issue?
+1 get a hard top