Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

One good, one bad...

Old 01-09-2003, 07:24 AM
Former 757'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default One good, one bad...

Good: Last night I got the new pipe on my car...
Bad: That wasn't the problem.

The cats WERE clogged, but that wasn't the only problem (gotta love multi-level troubleshooting). So, now I have to find out why the thing is outrageously rich. I do get boost by about 2k rpm's now though, ~6psi. If my car was running right, I think I'd have full boost by then... SWEET!
Old 01-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Update:
The car is going to Hall Mazda tomorrow for a compression test. I need to see if the "lawnmower-like" running of the car is due to a lost seal. It's settin me back $143 and some change
Old 01-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Once I get a seven figure bank account, I'm making sure both of our cars our 100% to our satisfactory; and I'm buying a fleet of backup vehicles for me and you to use when we have these damn problems.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Former 757'er

Originally posted by Skywalker
Once I get a seven figure bank account, I'm making sure both of our cars our 100% to our satisfactory; and I'm buying a fleet of backup vehicles for me and you to use when we have these damn problems.
HAHA, I heard that. I'd have to get you an identical Z, only 5 speed and whatever mods. That'd be cool as hell to ahve two of the exact same car, only with different setups, hehe.
On top of the car problems, my wife and step-daughter have to go to the hospital... everything's just piling up now.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:43 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by FastX7
On top of the car problems, my wife and step-daughter have to go to the hospital... everything's just piling up now.
I'm really sorry to hear that bro. Cars are one thing, but people are more important. Hope everything turns out OK. If I find a way to make our luck turn around, I'll let you know.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Former 757'er

I'm really sorry to hear that bro. Cars are one thing, but people are more important. Hope everything turns out OK. If I find a way to make our luck turn around, I'll let you know.
Yea, I'm also 99% sure that the car needs a new motor too. Since you're an insurance guy, let me swing this by you. Is motor damage still in the full coverage blanket?
Old 01-14-2003, 07:13 AM
Atheist.

Is motor damage still in the full coverage blanket?
Full coverage is a phrase meaning that you have Comprehensive and Collision coverage on top of required Liability coverage.

Comprehensive covers your vehicle for such things as hail, tree falling on it, vandalism, etc. These are less likely occurences and the reason why it's usually an inexpensive coverage.

Collision covers your vehicle if involved in an accident, you hit something, etc.

If your motor was destroyed by any of those means, then you could claim it. But unless you have a really good story and are OK w/ taking chances on submitting a fraudulent claim, I don't think it'll work out for you.

Also keep in mind, depending on the value of your vehicle, needing a new motor could constitute your vehicle being a total loss. In which case they take the car and give you a check.
Is it the FC or FD that may need it?
Old 01-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Former 757'er

Collision covers your vehicle if involved in an accident, you hit something, etc.
Also keep in mind, depending on the value of your vehicle, needing a new motor could constitute your vehicle being a total loss. In which case they take the car and give you a check.
Is it the FC or FD that may need it?
Well, the damage is a result of something that I hit in the road. That doesn't really sound fradulent. They covered my wheels when I smashed them on up something in the road. I'm just going to tell them the straight deal, it's up to them to cover it.
Right now, it'd be easier to total the car anyway. I'd just pull all my good shit off of it. It'd take me about 3 hours to get everything. I'd be out about $300 in parts that I wouldn't be able to pull, quickly anyway.
How do they determine a car's worth if they're totaling it? Just blue book it and cut a check w/o seeing it? Or do they appraise it in it's current condition? My 91 still books for over $5k.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Atheist.

Well, the damage is a result of something that I hit in the road. That doesn't really sound fradulent. They covered my wheels when I smashed them on up something in the road. I'm just going to tell them the straight deal, it's up to them to cover it.
Right now, it'd be easier to total the car anyway. I'd just pull all my good shit off of it. It'd take me about 3 hours to get everything. I'd be out about $300 in parts that I wouldn't be able to pull, quickly anyway.
How do they determine a car's worth if they're totaling it? Just blue book it and cut a check w/o seeing it? Or do they appraise it in it's current condition? My 91 still books for over $5k.
They don't use blue book. They use NADA guides and compare it to what the cost for one is in your area. You'll get back their estimate minus your deductible.

Aaron, if you're going to report it to your insurance company, call me tonight around 8pm or after. It'll be easier to discuss and for me to give you advice if we talk about everything. Trust me, call me up before you call them.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:14 AM
Former 757'er

Trust me, call me up before you call them.
Well shit, I'm already on the line.
If they want to total it and want to give me a ridiculously low amount of many, can I refuse it?

Last edited by Blasphemous; 01-14-2003 at 09:16 AM.

Quick Reply: One good, one bad...