Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Oil for the Mach 1

Old 08-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Oil for the Mach 1

Okay,
I am kind of unsettled as to which kind of oil I should run in the Mach. I hear that Royal Purple is the best, but is it really worth the extra money as compared to its competitors. The next oil I'm considering is Mobil 1 full sythetic. I've heard nothing but good things about this company, and I'm aware that manufacturers/cars like the 'vette, Aston Martins, Porsches etc, etc. come filled from the factory with Mobil 1 and recommend that the oil changes be done with the same thing. The final oil I'm considering is Valvoline full synthetic. I ran that in my GT and have always been a die-hard Valvoline person. I can't really decide. What do all of you use? Any comments, stories welcome.

Dammit! I was trying to make this a poll and when I submitted a new thread and went to make the poll portion, my computer froze and fucked everything up. Can a admin/mod fix that? Thanks in advance if you can.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 08-08-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Oil for the Mach 1

royal purple
Old 08-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

royal purple is awsome but it is only known to shown hp impovment when used in the motor tranny and rear diff. I would just go with MOBIL 1 for motor oil. Mobil 1 is the best you can get for "normal" syn oil. Besides Mobil 1 is affortable
Old 08-08-2004, 04:29 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Use Mobile one. Best stuff you can get.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:36 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Use normal oil and just change it often
Old 08-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

I've always used Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 5w30. Only bad thing about Mustangs is that it takes 6qts. Go w/Mobil 1 6qts at Sam's Club is $23 and use the K&N oil filter or Ford OEM (not fram, they suck). Please believe playa, I know my Mobil 1.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:44 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Mobil 1 is the winnar. Dont you need to run conventional for the first 5k or so miles for break-in?
Old 08-08-2004, 04:45 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

oil is oil... but whatever oil you do choose, stick with it.. dont change from 1 brand to another.. i use havoline 10-40..
Old 08-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Mobil 1 is the winnar. Dont you need to run conventional for the first 5k or so miles for break-in?
Ive heard that as well but then you will get the guys that say plenty of higher end cars have synthetic from the factory....

Anyways mobil 1 is what i have always used. Used dyno for the first 2 changes then went w/ synthetic.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:38 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Use whatever it comes with for the first few thousand miles, then go for Mobil 1. Seems to work for everyone else..