Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The official DMV question thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
davidalindsey has disabled reputation
Default Re: The official DMV question thread

lol, I am not saying anyone should do this. I know it was wrong. I am just posting my experience. This was many years ago and I admit I was young and dumb and going thru a lot of shit with divorce, getting out of the military, and finding another place to live.
I am in no way proud or condone this to anyone. This is just my experience with this situation. Shit happens I guess.
Needless to say I own 3 cars and two of them have premium insurance thru USAA. The one that does not have insurance is parked in my garage with tags and plates at the DMV.
Unfortunately since it is still registered in my name I still have to pay property tax. Which I think is BS.
Coming from Texas this state sucks at owning a car. I believe that once you paid for the car you paid for the taxes when you purchased the car. But no VA wants you to pay every year for property tax even if you cannot drive the car on the streets.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

civichatchbksi is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been along time since I've been on here and not really sure where to list this.I am trying to find my old civic that I had as a kid ,I had the car for 9 years and sold it to a friend thinking he would enjoy it. Take care of it but then he got a few tickets in it and sold it without telling me. I know the car is in Hampton it's a blue 92 civic si with the vin number 2HGEH3383NH525012 I want to get ahold of the current owner and see if he is willing to sell it back to me I have many memory's in the car. Please pm me if you can help thanks.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

thatbrewergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to any and everything relating to salvage and rebuilt vehicles in VA. My husband purchased a 2002 Ford windstar mini van at a salvage auction to repair for me to drive around home. The title of the vehicle is a Kentucky Title with "Junk Title" stamped all over it. Will it be possible to get a salvage title for this vehicle in Virginia after my husband repairs the minor damage to the vehicle? I know that in order to get a rebuilt title you have to apply and get the vehicle in question safety inspected then inspected again by a DMV agent, However I wasn't sure what the regulations were about out of state junk titles
Old 10-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

alexiashamalan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Arkansas and was gifted a vehicle under a lien according to Arkansas Dmv. I called Carmart where it was bought and they said there is no lien. I have no title. Can I legally part or scrap this vehicle out?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:46 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by alexiashamalan
I am in Arkansas and was gifted a vehicle under a lien according to Arkansas Dmv. I called Carmart where it was bought and they said there is no lien. I have no title. Can I legally part or scrap this vehicle out?
Car art has to give documentation that the lien was satisfied then dmv will issue you a title