Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Official BMW Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 06:14 AM
Forcibly Repped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu
Default Re: Official BMW Thread

I miss my E36 325is.
The E46 325i, not so much.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:36 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Here's my DD

Just sold this not too long ago

Current project car
Old 07-23-2015, 05:06 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by blackout
lol @ "euro delivery"... is that even relevant if you're already in europe?

I'll be getting back into a BMW soon; I've locked on to getting a '16 M4 and now it's just a matter of when, not if. A lot depends on how long I want to keep my STI; if I were to trade it in now I'd lose a few grand and it's not like I hate the STI. I've got it to "Stage 3" now is what they're calling it- the only difference between Stage 2 being supporting fuel mods. But it's still a lot of hassle to pull everything back off and then sell the parts, so I'm targeting next spring probably, unless someone wants a 15 STI with a few tasteful mods.

For reference, I've had an E36 M3 and an e92 335i in the past.

And the reason there's surprisingly few BMW owners on this forum is because there's surprisingly few people on this forum.

The rednecks have chased everyone away.
Oh boy, here we go. Still ass mad about "dindu nuffins"?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

lol @ "euro delivery"... is that even relevant if you're already in europe?

I'll be getting back into a BMW soon; I've locked on to getting a '16 M4 and now it's just a matter of when, not if. A lot depends on how long I want to keep my STI; if I were to trade it in now I'd lose a few grand and it's not like I hate the STI. I've got it to "Stage 3" now is what they're calling it- the only difference between Stage 2 being supporting fuel mods. But it's still a lot of hassle to pull everything back off and then sell the parts, so I'm targeting next spring probably, unless someone wants a 15 STI with a few tasteful mods.

For reference, I've had an E36 M3 and an e92 335i in the past.

And the reason there's surprisingly few BMW owners on this forum is because there's surprisingly few people on this forum.

The rednecks have chased everyone away.
Have you not heard of what euro delivery entails? Holy fuck- Look it up. Here is my decision:

A) Pick up my keys from the dealership and ride out with a dozen roses...
B) Pick up my keys in the middle of the BMW Welt (Headquarters) in Munich with a meal, factory tour, M driving school (added) and delivery in front of gobs of tourists there to visit Welt- then drive laps around their HQ- indoors.

95% of Welt deliveries are Germans getting their car.
You should do euro delivery, too, whenever you buy the M4. Have you driven one yet?
Old 07-24-2015, 03:44 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Oh boy, here we go. Still ass mad about "dindu nuffins"?
When the most popular search tags on an automotive forum are "4x4" and "gun", you might be a redneck.

Seriously, go look it up.

Originally Posted by djyuck
Have you not heard of what euro delivery entails? Holy fuck- Look it up. Here is my decision:

A) Pick up my keys from the dealership and ride out with a dozen roses...
B) Pick up my keys in the middle of the BMW Welt (Headquarters) in Munich with a meal, factory tour, M driving school (added) and delivery in front of gobs of tourists there to visit Welt- then drive laps around their HQ- indoors.

95% of Welt deliveries are Germans getting their car.
You should do euro delivery, too, whenever you buy the M4. Have you driven one yet?
I was being facetious, but no I didn't look that heavily into it... it was just kind of funny that you're in Europe, so anywhere you get it would be euro delivery. Technically.

No I haven't driven one yet, and yes I'm considering euro delivery but probably not gonna happen. First and foremost I'm just too damn impatient to wait that long. I'm seeing people on bimmerpost not taking delivery until October- no fucking way I could do that. That said, I'd HAVE to wait that long to actually plan that trip, and I just don't see it with all the logistics involved. I know I'm missing out on an amazing experience and if you're paying that much you should get the whole shebang but nope, I'm content on finding one on a lot with close the options I want and spending no more than an afternoon in a dealership.

I don't think I should drive one until I'm ready. It's bad enough I spend half my time on bimmerpost or arguing with autotrader on why my STI isn't populating with every possible search parameter. If I drove one the obsession would probably go to the next level... interestingly enough though, I actually wanted an E92 M3 initially because I thought there's no way this twin turbo six in the new car could possibly hold a candle to the amazingness of the S65, but then I saw an M4 in person. I'm still going off testimonials on how amazing it drives- and that it looks like I'm finally going to purchase my first car without a third pedal.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

You really have to drive it at max speed in turns. It's balance is out of this world. really, you just have to. The S55 is so flipping strong yet poised. You actually get a lower price if you do ED and they will give you a loaner while you wait. It's a pretty good deal. The ED price offsets the cost of lots of the ED. Unless you've driven on the Ring and autobahn, you can never really understand the value of the experience. TRUST me. Do ED. It will be the ultimate bucket list item.

When the most popular search tags on an automotive forum are "4x4" and "gun", you might be a redneck.

Seriously, go look it up.

I was being facetious, but no I didn't look that heavily into it... it was just kind of funny that you're in Europe, so anywhere you get it would be euro delivery. Technically.

No I haven't driven one yet, and yes I'm considering euro delivery but probably not gonna happen. First and foremost I'm just too damn impatient to wait that long. I'm seeing people on bimmerpost not taking delivery until October- no fucking way I could do that. That said, I'd HAVE to wait that long to actually plan that trip, and I just don't see it with all the logistics involved. I know I'm missing out on an amazing experience and if you're paying that much you should get the whole shebang but nope, I'm content on finding one on a lot with close the options I want and spending no more than an afternoon in a dealership.

I don't think I should drive one until I'm ready. It's bad enough I spend half my time on bimmerpost or arguing with autotrader on why my STI isn't populating with every possible search parameter. If I drove one the obsession would probably go to the next level... interestingly enough though, I actually wanted an E92 M3 initially because I thought there's no way this twin turbo six in the new car could possibly hold a candle to the amazingness of the S65, but then I saw an M4 in person. I'm still going off testimonials on how amazing it drives- and that it looks like I'm finally going to purchase my first car without a third pedal.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:34 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

You really have to drive it at max speed in turns. It's balance is out of this world. really, you just have to. The S55 is so flipping strong yet poised. You actually get a lower price if you do ED and they will give you a loaner while you wait. It's a pretty good deal. The ED price offsets the cost of lots of the ED. Unless you've driven on the Ring and autobahn, you can never really understand the value of the experience. TRUST me. Do ED. It will be the ultimate bucket list item.
Due to your strong advocacy, I'll consider it. I'm sure you'll have taken delivery by the time I actually hunker down for mine (a couple weeks now, according to your sig...), so I'll come back for your testimonial on the experience. But as for bucket list, I highly doubt this will be my last German car; in fact I'm even considering leasing because I can't seem to hold onto a car for more than 4 years at a time. I had the option for ED (lol, I just realized the irony of that acronym) for my wife's Macan as well.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

Due to your strong advocacy, I'll consider it. I'm sure you'll have taken delivery by the time I actually hunker down for mine (a couple weeks now, according to your sig...), so I'll come back for your testimonial on the experience. But as for bucket list, I highly doubt this will be my last German car; in fact I'm even considering leasing because I can't seem to hold onto a car for more than 4 years at a time. I had the option for ED (lol, I just realized the irony of that acronym) for my wife's Macan as well.
Dude, how do you like the Macan? Which options did you get? We came very close to getting one. Yeah, I will do a massive spread on Bimmerpost and I'll put it on here with the Go Pro. I'm taking it to Spa or Monza as a treat for my ED :-) I haven't raced on those tracks yet, but my life will be pretty much complete when I have those (especially Spa) under my belt.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:36 AM
master debater

Dude, how do you like the Macan? Which options did you get? We came very close to getting one. Yeah, I will do a massive spread on Bimmerpost and I'll put it on here with the Go Pro. I'm taking it to Spa or Monza as a treat for my ED :-) I haven't raced on those tracks yet, but my life will be pretty much complete when I have those (especially Spa) under my belt.
I fucking love it. I got an S, jet black metallic, and fortunately Porsche put together their option packages effectively to include pretty much everything I wanted in the Premium Plus configuration (panoramic roof, 14-way memory seats, lighting package, driver assist, etc.). The only other thing worth mentioning is the Bose audio package; it's pretty good but not quite as good as the Meridian system that was in the Evoque I traded in- but that's where the comparison stops. It had only been on the lot for a day or so; apparently this dealer advertises them online before they arrive, the salesman didn't even know it was there. The ONLY thing I wanted that I didn't get was the 21" sport classic wheels; they'd only be another $2600 or so on the MSRP but they're nearly $8k to buy separately from Porsche... I like the 20" RS Spyder wheels that are on it but I might be looking to the aftermarket soon.

I guess the most straightforward thing I can say about it is I honestly just flat out want to drive it more than my STI. It's that fun to drive. It's not even completely broken in yet (Porsche recommends 2000 miles without revving above 4k), and it's just fantastic in every category. The PDK transmission in it has actually convinced me I don't need a manual to have fun in a car, while not getting even more annoyed when I'm sitting in beltway traffic. Plus it looks pretty damn great.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Fuck, that car is gorgeous. Those are the exact wheels I wanted on that car. Such a great car for the price. Not sure if you saw, they jacked up the price 3k for the '16 and added almost nothing. Lol.

Quick Reply: Official BMW Thread