Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Official BMW Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar
Default Re: ***Official BMW Thread***

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
This. I can't think of anyone save for Dru who owns a BMW.

Oh archer as well. But I'm pretty sure that's it
Originally Posted by JacKal
Kris.is.foamin
See sig. It's stock and my daily, so I don't post about it.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

hhhhhh has disabled reputation
Default Re: ***Official BMW Thread***

Brings this to mind, http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...-135i-v8-swap/ Would be interesting; dare I say though, I think the idea of the bmw is not to sound like a bumblebee and bust kidneys while still enjoying good performance...
Old 05-03-2015, 05:56 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Official BMW Thread

GF has a 330Ci convertible, 6-speed + sport pack that I helped her find. Just finished taking the new Griot's DA to it yesterday. My mom has a 540i 6-speed that used to be mine. There are some BMW people here still, we just never come on.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered member

yahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these parts

I have two currently. Both AVUS Blue 95 m3's but they are vastly different.

DD and the Beast by yahh-, on Flickr

The DD
First wash/detail by yahh-, on Flickr
First wash/detail by yahh-, on Flickr

The fun car

RVA BMW Owners Sarek meet by yahh-, on Flickr
RVA BMW Owners Sarek meet by yahh-, on Flickr
16816242137_a833149f4e_o by yahh-, on Flickr
AutoX by yahh-, on Flickr

Also if you're in Central Va , join "Richmond BMW Owners" on bookface. Plenty of meets and open houses from local shops.

Last edited by yahh; 05-03-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:03 AM
MS3
P47r0n

MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3 MS3

I am on my phone.... will update with pictures later.

Here's one where I plastidipped the wheel to see how it would look before forking money over to powder coat. I know, I know... plasti dip. (Ignore the trim, I was bored on a Sunday haha)

Name:  l8x2tZi.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  716.0 KB

I have an '07 E92 335i, Montego Blue, 6 Speed manual, every option avaliable, including everything included in the "cold weather package" even though it wasn't avaliable in the early 335i's. (Mine was produced in 09/06). Within the next few months, itll be getting a downpipe, exhaust, intake, intercooler, and the JB4 piggyback. I'm also getting the 5 spoke wheels that came on it powder coated satin black, which I think looks great paired with the blue.

Last edited by MS3; 05-12-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Registered member

yoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these parts

Getting ready to jump into a maybe bad decision, would love someone who's owned an e35 to give me his 2 cents. I might be buying a 95 m3 3.0l for 6500 with 200k but the head was replaced at 180. No block work, but apparently it didn't need it.....thoughts?
Old 07-03-2015, 03:44 AM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon

$6.5k only if immaculate cleanliness... Which probably ain't. 7/10 I looked at the seat leather cracked to hell, window motors not working, and previous owners beat car to death, for that price be a dick and do a compression test and have rings and walls checked. Now for $4k just buy the dam thing.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:52 AM
Registered member

yoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these partsyoblazes is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by RatchetGoon
$6.5k only if immaculate cleanliness... Which probably ain't. 7/10 I looked at the seat leather cracked to hell, window motors not working, and previous owners beat car to death, for that price be a dick and do a compression test and have rings and walls checked. Now for $4k just buy the dam thing.
You looked at the seat leather?? Haha how do you know what car I'm talking about????? *turns slowly around and shuts blinds*......also dat compression test doe!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

I guess I better chime in because I am back in a Bimmer, living in Bavaria and seeing camo'd mule BMWs nearly every weekend. There have to be more people with Bimmers on here. BTW, with the Euro is so cheap these days, if you are looking for Bimmer stuff, Germany has its own ebay site called ebay kleinanzeigen. It's all in German, but you can use google translate to translate the page. They have tons of OEM shit very inexpensive. I never knew about it until I moved here. Most people are willing to ship to the states.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:22 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by djyuck
I guess I better chime in because I am back in a Bimmer, living in Bavaria and seeing camo'd mule BMWs nearly every weekend. There have to be more people with Bimmers on here. BTW, with the Euro is so cheap these days, if you are looking for Bimmer stuff, Germany has its own ebay site called ebay kleinanzeigen. It's all in German, but you can use google translate to translate the page. They have tons of OEM shit very inexpensive. I never knew about it until I moved here. Most people are willing to ship to the states.
lol @ "euro delivery"... is that even relevant if you're already in europe?

I'll be getting back into a BMW soon; I've locked on to getting a '16 M4 and now it's just a matter of when, not if. A lot depends on how long I want to keep my STI; if I were to trade it in now I'd lose a few grand and it's not like I hate the STI. I've got it to "Stage 3" now is what they're calling it- the only difference between Stage 2 being supporting fuel mods. But it's still a lot of hassle to pull everything back off and then sell the parts, so I'm targeting next spring probably, unless someone wants a 15 STI with a few tasteful mods.

For reference, I've had an E36 M3 and an e92 335i in the past.

And the reason there's surprisingly few BMW owners on this forum is because there's surprisingly few people on this forum.

The rednecks have chased everyone away.

Quick Reply: Official BMW Thread