Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

NSX. future buy? inputs

Old 02-24-2007, 01:38 PM
97gst 01gsr IMPORTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97gsT01gsR has disabled reputation
Default NSX. future buy? inputs

thinking of getting an older version of an (91-94?)NSX about 3 years down the road.

Contradictions: With all the new cars coming out think it would still be worth it or get something updated? i've been seeing them about low30k. hooked up they are beautiful but PRICE wise. Might want to rethink about it because of mileage and age.

Other cars in mind:
I was also thinking of the 08 G35coupes if they are "WOW" as they are right now.
EVO X tho they aren't beautiful the handling and hopefully come out with a niceR body(aftermarket) something that will enhance it better
Subaru STI all around nice car, also
97 Supra - what else more do you have to say
R33 or R34 Skyline - hopefully price will drop hard with the new GT-R coming out.
LOTUS ELISE - I love the look tho the bhp is weak. FI - ALL THE WAY

many different choices and options (i know they aren't in the same category) but if it was your choice between them all. WHICH ONE would it be!? Money obviously isn't an issue with the type of cars i'm saying. But for the same price as an 15+ yr old car I am thinking the NSX isn't a good choice over the newer style, less mileage car?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered member

driveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSX. future buy? inputs

My vote would be for an r32 skyline but a 34 will do the job, please don't get a 33 imo they fucked up with those. But considering the amount of them in the states I would shoot for one of them.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Save your money for 3 years and then decide based upon your likes/dislikes then since they very well may change by then.

I have always thought asking other people what you should get didn't make sense to me... It really doesn't 3 years ahead of time.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:49 PM
97gst 01gsr IMPORTS

it's about finding things that you didnt know about those cars. only inputs and ideaRs. i like ALL for many different reasons. but like the advice of driveitright. never knew r33 had issues over the rest.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Turbo NSX ftw
Seriously find one of these older models turboed
Most of these cars turboed are usually not hack jobs

That or a skyline,
We will see what happens with skyline pricing after the r35 comes out. It may go up or down. But considering all equal you can def get a r32 for the price range you are talking about

Supras have been steadily and slowly declining in price. So maybe in a few years they will be decent buys as well.
Its hard to predict the market 3 years from now

BTW you have superb taste in cars. Every car on that list I have either owned or seriously considered

Last edited by Terry@Fortune; 02-24-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

alphaq1888 has disabled reputation

personally why dont you consider the new skyline
i love em to death
i wish oh i wish i had the money when it comes out
Old 02-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Also lsx powered FD would be a neat car
and it seems lotus prices have plataued out
So they are holding value now fairly well. So in 3 years they might still cost a shit load.

What do you plan on using the car for? Thats the most important question
If its just a toy or driving around town I would rule out the lotus lol
Old 02-24-2007, 03:42 PM
97gst 01gsr IMPORTS

i didn't consider the new skyline cause the price range i am looking at isn't the new skyline or will even still be close 3 years from today also.

yeah i forgot about FD3s. but i don't think i would want to mess with a rotary.

it's about looks, all AWD/RWD if i feel like either street racing/take it to the track here and there i will have benefits of either.

right now i own a g35 sedan for family.
97eclipse gst for fun times
97 mazda 626 for beater.

next car would definitely have to be for show. it will be a show (bitch)queen. always wanted to build upon a show car magazine worthy. so that's what i'm basically looking for. yes i know all of them are worthy of this. and that's why i chose each one!

plans:

NSX WIDEBODY + turbo > beautiful!
G35 VQ36HRTT?>i believe the 08 will have the vq36hr motor. and TT has been out for the vq35 no reason why they wouldn't do it for the vq36
Supra HP MONSTER >everyone knows about supras so no need to say more
R34 > SAME AS SUPRA
EVO + STI > will drift the shit out of it ;]
lotus > will go around showing off!?

Last edited by 97gsT01gsR; 02-24-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

you probably wont even want to mod a car in three years. thats a long time to be thinking about what car you 'might' want then.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:04 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

There's an exotic car dealership in Chicago that has a single turbo mk4 Supra with roughly 90k original miles for like $27,000...

As much as I dislike Supra's because everyone thinks they're the greatest thing on the world, I'd buy a Supra in a heartbeat over an NSX

Quick Reply: NSX. future buy? inputs