VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   nrg quick release and steering wheel? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/nrg-quick-release-steering-wheel-467843/)

Fatallity 04-06-2013 02:03 AM

nrg quick release and steering wheel?

Yo what up I'm thinking of installing a nrg quick release and a steering wheel in my teg but I know that once i take the factory airbag wheel off the srs light will come on. My question is will the passenger airbag still work or will I even pass inspection?

Mirrorimg 04-06-2013 04:40 AM

Re: nrg quick release and steering wheel?

I believe that once the SRS is on and remains on, the airbag system is disabled and will not function in the event of a crash. The SRS light alone will fail you. It should illuminate when the key is put into the ignition then turn off after a few seconds, but it wont if you dont have an airbag in the steering wheel or bypass it. If you do bypass it, you may still fail if the inspector recognizes the vehicle should have a airbag in the wheel but does not.

Z33_Taxi 04-06-2013 12:16 PM

nrg quick release and steering wheel?

Or throw in a resistor

FLiPrayZin240sx 04-06-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi (Post 8117365)
Or throw in a resistor

Better yet, buy a BOSS hub for your car since you'd need to buy a hub anyways...itll come with a plug in resistor so your light wont turn on. Its gonna fool the SRS to thinking your driver side air bag is still there and will keep your passenger side bag functional.

But, is VA inspection pretty lenient about taking off air bags? I know most other states I've been to that has some kind of inspection, if your car has a steering wheel airbag, you have to have it on during inspection.

Fatallity 04-07-2013 04:22 AM

damn i might just put a eg6 wheel on there and just not use a quick release because it's just too much shit to go through in Virginia lol

idriveahonda 04-07-2013 04:56 AM

Or just keep your stock steering wheel and toss it back on for inspections.

You are talking fifteen minutes to swap back and forth.

Yep4doors 04-07-2013 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by idriveahonda (Post 8117718)

This.

lebaneezy 04-07-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by idriveahonda (Post 8117718)

this, and or by the time you have a quick a release wheel you probably know people who are inspectors or know people who know inspectors that wont fail you for dumb stuff

DOOM 04-07-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by FLiPrayZin240sx (Post 8117464)
Better yet, buy a BOSS hub for your car since you'd need to buy a hub anyways..itll come with a plug in resistor so your light wont turn on. Its gonna fool the SRS to thinking your driver side air bag is still there and will keep your passenger side bag functional. .

This!!!

I repeatedly tell people this all the time and people never listen, then get upset when they have a nrg etc etc and complain.

Fatallity 04-07-2013 05:58 PM

i already have some people that will pass me for inspection but i still just want to make sure it will all work out but I'm seriously thinking of buying that boss hub or I'm just gonna keep my stock wheel