VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   No front plate - Points? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/no-front-plate-points-276394/)

RandomTask 02-10-2009 06:29 AM

No front plate - Points?

Not running a front plate in the vette, plead not guilty, showed the picture of it on at court. Judge said "Well I won't fine you, but you're still guilty so you have to pay court costs"

That being said, does this count for any points or as a moving violation?

Thanks,

And I did search both google and here.

kanadaa 02-10-2009 06:30 AM

Re: No front plate - Points?

Nope, you were found not guilty so there are no points that go against you.

RandomTask 02-10-2009 06:37 AM

I just wasn't fined. I was found guilty, just not fined. . . so I had to pay $60+ in court costs.

buugiewuugie 02-10-2009 06:48 AM

No. Plates are not a moving violation. So no points. Just like bad inspection. Seatbelt ticket. All carry a fine but do not effect your insurance or points.

RandomTask 02-10-2009 06:50 AM

Sweet. Thanks.

BatEclipse99 02-10-2009 06:51 AM

No front plate is not a moving violation reguardless of disposition...no points either way

all4sr's 02-10-2009 06:51 AM

yeah...you only get points on your insurance if its a moving violation...

i love my car, cause its slow, so i never speed or anything like that, but cops love giving me tickets for modification.....i love it

X2FreshX 02-10-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by all4sr's (Post 4975641)
yeah...you only get points on your insurance if its a moving violation...

i love my car, cause its slow, so i never speed or anything like that, but cops love giving me tickets for modification.....i love it

Agreed lulz

Kris.Is.Foamin 02-10-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by RandomTask (Post 4975567)
Not running a front plate in the vette, plead not guilty, showed the picture of it on at court. Judge said "Well I won't fine you, but you're still guilty so you have to pay court costs"

That being said, does this count for any points or as a moving violation?

Thanks,

And I did search both google and here.

Wow, they pulled over a vette for no front plates? I've never heard of that one before.

I got pulled over for no front plate sitting at a fucking light next to a vette with no front tag.

Yeah, it's the apocolypse.

BlackOnBlackGT 02-10-2009 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie (Post 4975629)
No. Plates are not a moving violation. So no points. Just like bad inspection. Seatbelt ticket. All carry a fine but do not effect your insurance or points.

Wrong. They ALL can effect your insurance even if they don't carry points.
Which a seatbelt ticket can carry insurance points.

But to answer the OP's question, no it will not carry point on your insurance or on your DMV record.

*edit*
Of course that can vary from insurance company to insurance company based on their underwriting guidelines.