Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nitrous.

Old 07-04-2003, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoisonSVT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nitrous.

How much is nitrous effected by weather climate? Esp purges. Will you be able to see it more or less in dif weather conditions?
Thanks for any help
Old 07-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Sure you will. It is a compressed gas. I am sure humidity has alot to do with it.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:48 PM

Darren94 is an unknown quantity at this point

higer temp= higher bottle pressure... which means harder shot and more forceful purge.. thats why a bottle heater is made, to raise temp and pressure of bottle. nitrous is alot more effective at 900-1200 psi. where as at 500 psi you will hardly make a difference. aslo , if you have a heater and you spray in cold weather(like 30 degrees) your car will run its ass off. cold air is less dense and helps the functionality of the motor
Old 07-04-2003, 06:07 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by Darren94
cold air is less dense
dude, seriously, shut the fuck up.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

cold air is less dense
I'm pretty sure you meant to say that it's MORE dense. I'll give you this one...
Old 07-04-2003, 11:37 PM

Darren94 is an unknown quantity at this point

correct... sorry i type slow and look at the keyboard not the screen..
Old 07-05-2003, 07:36 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

correct... sorry i type slow and look at the keyboard not the screen..
Damn ... then you should of known what you were typing if you have to look at the keyboard there retard.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:54 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

you should worry about bottle temperature more for the health of your engine than the appearance of your purge. when nitrous stays below its optimal temperature, it can lean out your motor and cause some serious damage. that's why you want to use a bottle heater during the winter. but as far as the purge goes, naturally (duh) since nitrous is very cold, it would be more apparent when purged in a higher temperature environment. it is also affected by your purge tube's bends, bottle pressure etc.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:56 PM
where you want 2 be

drivn n style has disabled reputation

i dont mean to jack ur thread or anything, but i need some input...and since this being a nitrous thread and all...i figured what the hell....

i have a 2000 chevy malibu, auto, stock(engine wise)...would it be smart/safe to put nitrous in it?
Old 07-05-2003, 08:01 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

if u had a bottle in ur trunk and someone were to rear end u, would the car explode?

Quick Reply: Nitrous.