Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Shift Light ( Concept )

Old 01-16-2003, 07:23 PM
no longer a moder8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad
Default New Shift Light ( Concept )

Over the past few weeks i have been working with autometer in a new shift light concept ... i have found over the years that many people when they buy a guage pod usually buy a dual and always buy and A/F guage ( cause it looks cool )and then some random guage just to fill the other hole , well this concept is a Shift light that will fit in that other whole , autometer sent me parts i requested to come up with something and i decided to use the cobalt series guages as my "test dummy" The picture dictates what it looks like , it consist of a 2 1/16 bezel and cup that would fit just like a normal guage , 13 clear LED lights that when the Set ( by pills just like all there other shiftlights ) at a certain RPM will light up a Hyper Blue ( in this case cause its cobalt ) , this will work just like any other autometer shift light but will mount nicely inside the pod ( like shown ) ... i have been asked to get feedback and or suggestions from the public on their thought and would they buy a product like this ( what better place then dragva ... here's the pics , thanks for all the feedback
-Chad
Old 01-16-2003, 07:31 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

cool. LED lights (especially blue) don't show up during the day very well though. At night I'd be all about it but I really doubt it will show up as good as an incandecent bulb
Old 01-16-2003, 07:32 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

pretty tight i'm gonna need a test one too...marketing purposes hook it up
Old 01-16-2003, 07:35 PM
no longer a moder8r

Originally posted by VTECnology
cool. LED lights (especially blue) don't show up during the day very well though. At night I'd be all about it but I really doubt it will show up as good as an incandecent bulb
The thing is , its further back in the guage than you think ... about 3/4 of an inch with glass in front of it ... and with the new "HYPER LED's" i dont think you will have a problem seeing it ... the shiftlight that autometer offers now has 4 5mm amber LED's ... this has 13 ... just something to ponder but thanks for the feedback ...
Old 01-16-2003, 07:37 PM
no longer a moder8r

Bad Photoshop of guages in a pod ... it gets the point across though
Old 01-16-2003, 07:41 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally posted by JUSTA EX
The thing is , its further back in the guage than you think ... about 3/4 of an inch with glass in front of it ... and with the new "HYPER LED's" i dont think you will have a problem seeing it ... the shiftlight that autometer offers now has 4 5mm amber LED's ... this has 13 ... just something to ponder but thanks for the feedback ...
they aren't recessed nearly as far as their current shiftlight and they're on a black background. Also, the pattern that they're in won't give the cluster affect that is really important with LEDs.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:43 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

ya let me get one for marketing purposes!
Old 01-16-2003, 07:43 PM
no longer a moder8r

Originally posted by VTECnology
they aren't recessed nearly as far as their current shiftlight and they're on a black background. Also, the pattern that they're in won't give the cluster affect that is really important with LEDs.
exactly ... they arent clustered together , thats why theres a larger amount of them to compensate for the space ... but you have noted a good point ... i love marketing ...
Old 01-16-2003, 07:44 PM
no longer a moder8r

Originally posted by Victum
ya let me get one for marketing purposes!
Besides wanting one ... what are your personal thoughts on it ... something you would consider buying ( should market for about the same price as a standard shiftlight )
Old 01-16-2003, 07:46 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

i would def buy one, cause i want a shift light but i dont really wanna drill holes or tape it on... i would like them in a pillar.. good idea. and the color is hawt

Quick Reply: New Shift Light ( Concept )