Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Legal Presence law in VA

Old 03-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1htcivc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Legal Presence law in VA

yall might want to call DMV and check the status of your license.. a new law was passed in january.. it involves people gettin their license for the first time and anyone who has had their license suspended or revoked in the past year or so. it's just some way of makin sure that illegal immigrants don't come into the country and get their drivers licenses and all and then turn around and pull some terrorist attack.

yesterday i hit a pothole and bent my rim and got a flat tire, the cop that stopped to see if everything was ok wanted to run my license anyway and it turns out i had been driving on a suspended license since january. he said he wouldn't do nothin cuz it was most likely pertaining to this law and that DMV isn't notifying people when they cancel your license when it's because of this new law. He just told my passenger to drive home and to call DMV. I called them today and they said that all i had to do was come show my birth cirtificate and i can get it reinstated. it's pretty messed up they didn't notify me about this, but i'm just glad that i can get it back when i go back home on friday
Old 03-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Re: New Legal Presence law in VA

Originally Posted by 1htcivc
yall might want to call DMV and check the status of your license.. a new law was passed in january.. it involves people gettin their license for the first time and anyone who has had their license suspended or revoked in the past year or so. it's just some way of makin sure that illegal immigrants don't come into the country and get their drivers licenses and all and then turn around and pull some terrorist attack.

yesterday i hit a pothole and bent my rim and got a flat tire, the cop that stopped to see if everything was ok wanted to run my license anyway and it turns out i had been driving on a suspended license since january. he said he wouldn't do nothin cuz it was most likely pertaining to this law and that DMV isn't notifying people when they cancel your license when it's because of this new law. He just told my passenger to drive home and to call DMV. I called them today and they said that all i had to do was come show my birth cirtificate and i can get it reinstated. it's pretty messed up they didn't notify me about this, but i'm just glad that i can get it back when i go back home on friday
Well, at least the cop was cool about it.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1htcivc
i hit a pothole and bent my rim and got a flat tire

make sure you file a claim with the transportation dept. that is in charge of that road so you get reimbursed your new tire and rim

and thanks for the tip tunes out mine was suspended too
Old 03-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BoOsted
make sure you file a claim with the transportation dept. that is in charge of that road so you get reimbursed your new tire and rim

and thanks for the tip tunes out mine was suspended too
wow i n ever knew that and they will actually pick up the tab?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:17 PM
1point8

94XRolla has disabled reputation

make sure you raise hell when they try to charge you that d.l. re-instatement fee.. they did that to me once, mine was suspended because of an error somewhere between dmv and some court system in NJ saying i had a parking ticket up there, ive never been to jersey, i doubt any of my cars could handle the trip, and anyway after a few weeks of complaining i just gave in and paid the damn fee.... but make sure they dont try to screw you over too.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 94XRolla
make sure you raise hell when they try to charge you that d.l. re-instatement fee.. they did that to me once, mine was suspended because of an error somewhere between dmv and some court system in NJ saying i had a parking ticket up there, ive never been to jersey, i doubt any of my cars could handle the trip, and anyway after a few weeks of complaining i just gave in and paid the damn fee.... but make sure they dont try to screw you over too.
i had a parking ticket like four or five years ago never paid it. it was when i was in the apprentice school parking in that area of town sucks. i never heard anything of it........i d better knock on some wood.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

1htcivc is an unknown quantity at this point

the fuck if i'm payin a reinstatement fee.. i did NOTHING wrong to get my license suspended, it's bullshit.. they'll definately get an earful if they try and charge me for that shit
Old 03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

Most of the Sept 11th terrorists had ID's from VA. Thus the new oh we need to check first law.