Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New engine?

Old 12-14-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HotPinkPony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New engine?

Looking at some engines for my car(95 mustang). I've been talking to Hekimian Racing Engines in MA, Thinking of going with this:

347c.i. 514hp 418tq 7,000rpm
10.4 Comp, Solid Flat cam, Int Bal, MSD, Trick Heads

Comes completly built and ready to install, there are a few different options I can get as far as heads and things like that. If I went with this I'd probably stick a roots syle blower on it fairly soon.

Any suggestions on engines/companys/whatever?
Old 12-14-2003, 12:20 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

was your car at steen racing before? I seen a pink mustang up there before pretty sure it had a kit.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:29 PM

HotPinkPony is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, It was there for a while, I still have to go back to get the side bars of my roll cage removable.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:15 AM

sloboy is an unknown quantity at this point

why don't you go to holeshot performance and see greg he can tell you what you need for what you want to do to the car. what are you looking to get out of it?
Old 12-15-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

Does the company know you plan to add a supercharger? It will change the suitable engine build. 10.4 just seems a tad high for boost, but I'm not too familiar with what domestics normally do.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

high compression and boost not going together is just a myth.. especially if the motor is built.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm not into cars

I never said they didn't go together, but boost is worth more power than cr. Sure when you're not in boost, you're slower... but it's a sc v8... how often is that? ECR... learn it.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by GaRn
high compression and boost not going together is just a myth.. especially if the motor is built.

i agree with that, thats why my built motor is getting a bump in compression........
Old 12-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

GaRn that's not true. 10.4 is too high for a FI application to be worth-wile. You should build the motor for around a 9:1 comp ratio if you want to boost it. Stock LS6's make 10.5:1 comp and even w/ the best tune you can only run about 7 lbs of boost. If it should ever lean out then BAM! Theres a few guys over on the corvetteforum and Z06vette.com that have all tried boosting the stock short block, everyone who goes voer 7lbs ends up bloing a piston. Then they forge the bottom and lower the comp ration. Also, if you're going w/ a solid roller, do you know how to adjust the valves? Solid-roller setups need the have things like valve lash checked periodically. In all it sounds like a fantastic NA build up.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm not into cars

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
i agree with that, thats why my built motor is getting a bump in compression........
You should be running the highest cr possible for the amount of boost you want to run.

Quick Reply: New engine?