Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New drag racing classes, rules and guidelines?

Old 02-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Former 757'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default New drag racing classes, rules and guidelines?

Does anyone have the new drag racing rules and everything? I have the old ones from a couple years ago when I was getting into imports, but nothing new.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i checked all the sanctioning bodies websites....NHRA , IHRA, NOPI and other ones..... they all list their rule books in adobe downloads.

the most changes this season is the class changes and the weight rules and the full exhaust rules. everything but proclass has to run full exhaust. no more FWD and RWD in the same power class either.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Greaser
i checked all the sanctioning bodies websites....NHRA , IHRA, NOPI and other ones..... they all list their rule books in adobe downloads.

the most changes this season is the class changes and the weight rules and the full exhaust rules. everything but proclass has to run full exhaust. no more FWD and RWD in the same power class either.
What class do you run in? I'll probably be in the same class as you have most of the same stuff (generally) as my car will have when I'm done.
Gutted interior, full exhuast (straight piped?), "street legal", etc.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Power 4 class RWD
there are some other classes but i forget the name, i'm remember sportsman something. street eliminator and something else. then there was the dreaded day i qualified in pro class.

i really didnt pay attention much to the rules, i built my car to use all the street requirements then all the requirements of cars running 10.99's which are the cage choice, scatter sheild, driveshaft loop and some other stuff.

in street class you cant run gutted interior. i still have full interior, and full exhaust.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Former 757'er

i really didnt pay attention much to the rules, i built my car to use all the street requirements then all the requirements of cars running 10.99's which are the cage choice, scatter sheild, driveshaft loop and some other stuff.

in street class you cant run gutted interior. i still have full interior, and full exhaust.
I'll have to find the rules for the 10.99 and below, I'm planning on hitting the 10's this year.
I wonder if FG panels and custom carpet would count as a "full" interior? The stock carpeting has alot padding and weighs about 50lbs. I could drop 100lbs easy just by "tweaking" the interior if I do keep it full.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:31 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

rumor has it that n2o will finally have a class of its own instead of having to run the turbo 4 class
Old 02-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Former 757'er

Originally posted by sprayedcivic
rumor has it that n2o will finally have a class of its own instead of having to run the turbo 4 class
I'll have to see if I can run 2 power adders and stay in street class... or at worst just take a weight penalty.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

i havent heard of that. lets keep that a rumor only. its still a power adder.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Originally posted by FastX7
I'll have to see if I can run 2 power adders and stay in street class... or at worst just take a weight penalty.

you can run both turbo and nitrous, running both doesnt put you into another class. you wont have a wieght penalty unless you are under the min RWD weight which i THINK is 2400 but dont hold me to that.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Former 757'er

you can run both turbo and nitrous, running both doesnt put you into another class. you wont have a wieght penalty unless you are under the min RWD weight which i THINK is 2400 but dont hold me to that.
If it's 2400, then I will be LUCKY to get a "street" car down that far. Is there a place around here to weigh a car?
In the end, I want to run a BIG turbo spooled by nitrous. But for now I'll just be all turbo until I'm ready to upgrade to something bigger.
Thanks Greaser for bein a soundin board.

Quick Reply: New drag racing classes, rules and guidelines?