Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Daily options, wanting feedback.....

Old 03-17-2011, 06:48 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default New Daily options, wanting feedback.....

I'm planning on purchasing one of the three around the first of the year for a daily driver, but still be able to beat on it a little bit here and there. Looking to purchase around Dec/Jan time frame being as I plan on doing some serious building on my project truck. More looking for feedback from people who have owned one of these vehicles, good feedback, back feedback, cons of the vehicles and what not.

Option A: 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO, maybe go with a 2004 one but more looking for the LS2 version.

Option B: 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra, always loved these and know a little about them but never owned a modular motor based mustang so I know little about the motors.

Option C: 2004-2005 Subaru STi, have owned a 2002 wagon in the past and loved the power they have out of the box as well as the handling.

All vehicles I have test drove in the past and just looking to figure out which would be the best option overall.

All info will be helpful in getting an idea of which would be better for what I'm looking for.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: New Daily options, wanting feedback.....

Mustangs and GtO's are very expensive ot get parts for. The headers for a GtO are around 700 to 800 dollars. I'm not sure how much subaru parts are. I own a mustang and its expensive. I love how subaru's look so i would say go with a subaru.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Cobra
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation

sti
Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

isnt the toyota subaru ft86 release date for next year? id wait for that.. but go with the subaru
Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

For a daily the Subaru will be more functional with 4 full dors and AWD. '03-'04 Cobras are getting up there in age and unless you buy a garage queen the interior will be beat to shit. Plus they're big, heavy, and suck fuel.

The GTO (Holden Monaro) has one of the nicest interiors ever to come in a GM product... not sure how they hold up long-term, but I know the seats are ver comfortable and the back seats seem more functional than those in the Mustang.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by captaininsano91
Mustangs and GtO's are very expensive ot get parts for. The headers for a GtO are around 700 to 800 dollars. I'm not sure how much subaru parts are. I own a mustang and its expensive. I love how subaru's look so i would say go with a subaru.
What?

I vote GTO - Nice interior, cruises awesome if you're and great for highway trips. Down side is the trunk has a gas tank taking up most of the space and its a two door. Drive line is proven rock solid. I vote against the subaru for the fact its an STi.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Evo VIII or IX
Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Originally Posted by captaininsano91
There is nothing cheap about dailying a Subaru. I drive 120 miles round trip every day in my STi. The gas mileage is alright. But preventive maintenence is pretty expensive. It cost me over $800 to do brakes on my STi for new pads and rotors (Brembo blanks with Hawk street pads)
Old 03-17-2011, 09:17 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

STi.

Quick Reply: New Daily options, wanting feedback.....