Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need some opinions

Old 01-24-2004, 05:22 PM
f'n bat country son!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough
Question Need some opinions

Ok I'm at a point where I'm going to have enough money to boost my Prelude within the next month or two. My lude is my only car so it would be a daily driver on top of it being boosted. Also by this fall/winter I would have enough to build the block for a really nice setup.

The thing is I am just considering leaving my lude where its at right now and buying a 1st gen DSM as a project car. As most of you know 1st gen DSM can be made so much quicker for a lot less money then it would cost to build/boost an H22. If I did that I would be able to keep the sexy lude as a daily driver and have the DSM for whenever I feel like it.

One of the main reasons holding me back on boosting the lude is because Im going to be making car payments on it till 2007. What is the use of making payments on a car that I would not be able to drive in case something goes wrong when I would be able to buy a DSM as soon as the begining of next month. What do you guys think??
Old 01-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

hhmm.. well I am all in favor of boosting the lude, but what about using the money to get the lude payed off, that way you wouldn't have to worry about the car payment, and could put more into it
Old 01-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Screw it.. lol.. buy the DSM, it could be made hella quick and done so a lot cheaper (and more reliable) than the Lude
Old 01-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i would go for a nice awd 1st gen dsm. Make a project car and like you said still have a nice daily driver that you could maybe even think about building a na beast one day. (after '07)
Old 01-24-2004, 05:57 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

awd dsm. they are not ugly. can be quick as shit. keep the lude normal.

smartest thing to do is pay off th lude before you pay for anything
Old 01-24-2004, 06:00 PM
f'n bat country son!

DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough

The lude has less than 30k on it and has A LOT (more than 12k) till its going to finished being paid for. I honestly dont think I could wait to pay it off before I did anything else. Ive got the speed bug bad
Old 01-24-2004, 06:08 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

damn... all this just after a clutch and flywheel . i say do what you want, and fuck what everyone else says.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Reppin'

Attrayant is an unknown quantity at this point

Reliable DSM.....hmm.....anyways....Yes, you can get a 1st Gen DSM to around 300whp for about $600 in parts. Reliability though is not its strong point but probably neither is boosting a lude. If you really want the DSM as a project car then leave the lude as it is now and buy the DSM then just work on that. Getting a 1st Gen as a project is something I've thought about doing before, just cant afford it. Probably your best bet though.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered member

Yeah, I only say reliable when compared to a boosted H22. they don't like to stay together
Old 01-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

boosted ludes are sexy

Quick Reply: Need some opinions