Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need some advice. . .

Old 12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Need some advice. . .

So I was recently in an accident causing me to total my car. Another person, w/o insurance, pulled out in front of me. Other driver recieved a citation of 'failure to yield resulting in an accident' where as I didn't recieve any citations. My un-insured motorist insurance is/has taken care of me as this guy doesn't have insurance. Well recently I recieved a letter from a lawyer (his) stating that I'm under investigation for negligence. When the accident happened, I told the officer that I had been drinking in which I took a breathalizer and blew a .041. (Roughly half the legal limit) No field sobriety tests or anything else was administered. On the accident report its checked that I was "Drinking - Not Impaired" I blew the test roughly 40 min after the accident. My insurance company is lawyering me up, but I was curious to see if anyone has had any experience/recomendations with this.