Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

need to powdercoat/paint rims

Old 03-30-2003, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CoasTek240 is a jewel in the roughCoasTek240 is a jewel in the roughCoasTek240 is a jewel in the roughCoasTek240 is a jewel in the rough
Default need to powdercoat/paint rims

Ok i troll around this board ocassionally, but i'm mainly on 240sx related boards. I own a 92 Nissan 240sx coupe SE. Slightly modded. almost all suspensions other than custom shortram intake, battery relocation and shortshifter.

I have 95 240sx(s14) basemodel rims on my car now. and i was trying to get them powdercoated somewhere round here. I was thinking of painting them with wheel paint. I was told the proper way to do it, but i was told no matter what they'll chip when the tire place mounts my new rubber. I really want somehting that'll last, i know i'm gonna be hitting shit all the time, so i understand even powder coat is gonna rub off after humping a curb, but i heard it is way more durable..
i really need to find a shop or a person that can powdercoat or professionally paint these rims..
btw, I live in Chesapeake.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:28 PM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about
Default hey bro

im in the same boat. i have a set of racing harts im in need of getting the paint or powder done on them as well. why dont we get together and figure out what will be best and then we can go in with all 8 wheels in hopes of getting a nice cut on the price since they are getting more work. sound like a plan?
and im sure you know powder coating is spendy as well.... im not sure how much you want to spend but, i was thinking of going paint... just trying to figure how to go about it.. have you looked into anything at all yet?
Old 03-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Banned

1groundedseeRX is an unknown quantity at this point

im trying to get my too group discount sounds good let me know pm me with any details yall find out or think of!
Old 03-30-2003, 07:16 PM

CoasTek240 is a jewel in the roughCoasTek240 is a jewel in the roughCoasTek240 is a jewel in the roughCoasTek240 is a jewel in the rough

well i have the Number of this place out in norfolk that does industrila powdercoatings... they advertise that they do stuff for commercial business but then it also mentions something botu automotive.. (assume they mean re-coating things) anyways.. i'm gonan give them a call tommarrow..Monday and i'll post details
Old 03-30-2003, 07:59 PM
.V

lLOlRlElN has disabled reputation

tire places should have machines dat keeps from damaging yer rims...because people wit chrome rims would be pissed...anyways...yea my frend werks at a tire place dat uses a machine for customers wit chrome rims...if u got a polished lip its all good though..haha
Old 03-30-2003, 10:24 PM

well its way more expensive to get tires put on like that..
i go through my rear tires like crazy
Old 03-31-2003, 06:38 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally posted by B speed
Your mastery of the English language amazes me...
I would have to think hard to write gheto like that. Its easier to just type with proper english. Some people are good like that I guess.....
Old 03-31-2003, 07:45 AM

ok so back to the topic
Old 03-31-2003, 09:08 AM

SKEET007 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is place in Chesapeake called Tidewater Coatings or something, I'd have to look it up but that do powdercoating and charge anywhere from $75-$85 per rim so it will get kind of expensive. I did my stock rims on my Spec V and they came out good using that duplicolor wheelcoating on it. If you put 4-5 coats on it and some clear coat it might cut down on the chipping unless of course you curb it. I just thought I would share with you and maybe save you some money. Hope it comes out ok on whatever you do.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:00 PM

ok.. whered u get the duplicolor stuff?...advanced...pep boys.. autozone?

Quick Reply: need to powdercoat/paint rims