VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   need a low priced paint job (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/need-low-priced-paint-job-213803/)

RandomTask 11-30-2007 08:10 PM

Re: need a low priced paint job

LoL, go to lowe's - pick out your color, and i'll get out my wagner. . . $100 if you bring the paint.

ViPER1313 12-01-2007 11:51 PM

Don't laugh at this idea - if you have enough time paint the car with a roller. See http://www.mmsports.org/forum/viewto...ghlight=roller - it gives a general idea of the procedure and some links describing specifics.

MORE IMPATIENT 12-02-2007 04:20 AM

the only way your gonna get a "cheap" good paint job, is if you are boys with someone who does it and knows the trade or you learn to do it yourself. if your looking for a great paint job for 500 bucks your kidding yourself. ESPECIALLY for a color change with door jambs and such like your talking about.

3xb18 12-02-2007 08:12 PM

Ya if u want a cheap paint job you are gonna get a shitty one. When I painted I charged 100 dollars a jam to do jams. They suck lots of taping, cleaning, And hassle. Plus chances are there id silicone all over the jam and it is gonna fish eye like crazy. Save up 2 grand get a good paint job and be happy and know it will last a while .

dhn 12-02-2007 08:19 PM

dont listen to them

ive seen some maaco jobs that are very well done..and have lasted. id do your own prep work tho..but go to some other boards and search maaco jobs..its a chain..some suck..some dont..each shop is different..ask around...go to the shop..look at the paint jobs etc..im not paying 1500 for a paint job..for a daily driver..thats just me..

idriveahonda 12-02-2007 08:31 PM

I previously said that.

But I'm looking for that right now. Somebody who works at a chain (or a non-privately owned bodyshop), that would like some sidework. I'm not going to lowball you for your time, just want some work done.

Tainty_McFshStx 12-03-2007 04:52 AM

What are you painting first off. A beater that you don't care about? Or the car you are trying to fix up?

The cheapest way I can think, and to have a good finish is to do all the prep work yourself. Go and find your base, clear, reducers, and primer (if you want to go that route). Find someone on here that paints, and let them know what you are doing. I usually buy a can of thinner for the person who shoots my car, so that they do not have to fork out money to clean their equipment.

Maaco jobs look good if done right. but that is seriously an 2/10 chance. I have had friends that went there, and they did a horrible prep job, barely taped up anything.

When I painted mine last, My clear was $200 alone. When it comes to automotive paint, you get what you pay for. I went with dupont and have yet to complain.

$1500 for everything the guy above listed is a hell of a deal, especially with wetsanding and buffing. Buffing compounds are not cheap.

sidewaysil80 12-03-2007 02:12 PM

i'm paying 950 through a buddy (door jams, entire interior...its gutted, outside,engine bay, wetsand cf hood, paint the whole car, clear the whole thing with flake, and the roof and pillars are going to painted a diff color from the rest of the car) and that includes paint. my advice...jump on craigslist or something. its filled with dudes that know how to paint looking to make a quick extra buck. just make sure to get pics of their work first.

NX2KDET 12-03-2007 03:49 PM

How cheap is cheap my paint is Lamborghini "Verde Artemis" it cost $500 dollars a pint not going to say how much it cost overall but you can't go cheap on paint its gonna come back to you in the long run.

nftuatn 12-03-2007 04:14 PM

. my advice...jump on craigslist or something. its filled with dudes that know how to paint looking to make a quick extra buck. just make sure to get pics of their work first.[/QUOTE]

yeah and who you gonna call when the shit falls off and they wont stand behind their work....who damn ghostbusters...oh wait paintbusters...