Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need a little paint work done...

Old 12-30-2007, 08:20 PM
jarnett photography

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei
Default Need a little paint work done...

Ok so I'm finally gonna start throwing a little money towards the s2k, I have had it almost a year and have not done one damn thing to it. I desperately need the front bumper/lip/hood repainted. I don't have a ton of money, and I don't need a "perfect" job, as the rest of the car is full of scratches/blemishes, but I do want the colors to match. I know there are always threads like this, but I'm willing to drive and am definitely on a budget. Anyone do sidework/work that comes well recommended? I'm looking to do this w/in the next month. Thank youuuu Car is black btw for those that don't know.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: Need a little paint work done...

If you want to drive down to the 757 I have a guy that does side work, painted my mustang actually .... and anyone who has seen it in person had nothing but good things to say.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Contact LivinDreamsDC2 on here. He can hook you up.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

bmw-m has disabled reputation

pmed u
Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by akalei
Ok so I'm finally gonna start throwing a little money towards the s2k, I have had it almost a year and have not done one damn thing to it. I desperately need the front bumper/lip/hood repainted. I don't have a ton of money, and I don't need a "perfect" job, as the rest of the car is full of scratches/blemishes, but I do want the colors to match. I know there are always threads like this, but I'm willing to drive and am definitely on a budget. Anyone do sidework/work that comes well recommended? I'm looking to do this w/in the next month. Thank youuuu Car is black btw for those that don't know.

let me give you one piece of advice. your car is black, if the paint work isnt PERFECT, its gonna look like shit. Black is a magnifying glass for flaws. if the rest of the car can be buffed and detailed than it can be brought back to life to look good. get some good quality work, than have the rest of the car buffed and your shit will bling.peep the vendor review threads. pm me if your interested.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 12-31-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:45 AM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
let me give you one piece of advice. your car is black, if the paint work isnt PERFECT, its gonna look like shit. Black is a magnifying glass for flaws. if the rest of the car can be buffed and detailed than it can be brought back to life to look good. get some good quality work, than have the rest of the car buffed and your shit will bling.peep the vendor review threads. pm me if your interested.
Yeah, everything you're saying is right. But Im BROKE. As that stands, I can't handle the front looking like shit anymore. I was debating on getting a buff job for the rest of the car, but my problem is that here at JMU, literally every other day I notice a new scratch, dent, door ding, something. Kids around here just don't care. So I'm wary of throwing a ton of money into the paint work only to get progressively more pissed off as it keeps getting messed up. The main problem is that the owner before me didn't take care of the front lip, and its peeling and has huge chunks of paint missing, and I can't handle looking at it anymore. What would you suggest in this situation? I know you do excellent work, but you may be out of my price range lol
Old 12-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Yeah, everything you're saying is right. But Im BROKE. As that stands, I can't handle the front looking like shit anymore. I was debating on getting a buff job for the rest of the car, but my problem is that here at JMU, literally every other day I notice a new scratch, dent, door ding, something. Kids around here just don't care. So I'm wary of throwing a ton of money into the paint work only to get progressively more pissed off as it keeps getting messed up. The main problem is that the owner before me didn't take care of the front lip, and its peeling and has huge chunks of paint missing, and I can't handle looking at it anymore. What would you suggest in this situation? I know you do excellent work, but you may be out of my price range lol
I thought you had a white S2K?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:52 AM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Originally Posted by DC/DC
I thought you had a white S2K?
She did but sold it and EJ bought it.

Dan are you back in the states yet?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:02 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yea i know jmu can be pretty rough, i freshened up a girls 4 runner that goes there. i painted a bunch of stuff and buffed the entire truck and it looked brand new. i ran into her the other day and she said it was still looking good but id hate to see the truck again after she comes back, im sure its all dented up. message me, let me know your budget, ill let you know what i can do for you. i dont price things totally ridiculously,if i did i would never get any work , very reasonable prices and you get back excellent and warrantied work.